1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Series recording issue on my HR44

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by RocketFoot, Oct 30, 2013.

1. RocketFoot

RocketFoot New Member

Feb 7, 2006
    My wife likes to watch the Today Show in the afternoon. We set up a series recording schedule for the 2pm show but the Genie records the earlier 10am Today Show which is different! Is there any tips to getting it to record only the time slot she wants? I could understand if recorded both shows but it only records the earlier show.

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    You can do a manual recording for the channel at 2pm.

3. RocketFoot

RocketFoot New Member

Feb 7, 2006
    No one is home at 2pm to hit the record button...we both work all day.

4. sigma1914

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    lol No, not manually hit it. Set up a manual recording in the recording settings menu.

5. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    Also check that when she set it up, she chose "reruns" or "both" instead of "first run".

6. RocketFoot

RocketFoot New Member

Feb 7, 2006
    LOL! Yes, but wouldn't we have to set it every day? I guess recording all shows would be the best answer...she will just have to delete the AM show every night when she watches it.

7. sigma1914

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    No, you can set it to record everyday at 2pm in the settings. Goto Menu, Recordings, Manage Recordings, Manual Recordings ... and set it up.

8. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    A manual recording in this instance simply means setting the time and channel manually. It will still set it up like a series link, but based on channel and time instead of name of show.

9. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Actually, this seems like the best solution. Both shows should be included in one folder, and thus can be deleted at the same time. And if the show gets moved, suspended, etc., you're more likely to pick it up.

10. RocketFoot

RocketFoot New Member

Feb 7, 2006
    OK, I set a manual recording series for 2pm mon-fri...we'll see how that goes and if it has any trouble, I'll just let the series recording record everything and she can sort it out, LOL! Thanks for the help, guys! This is my first week with DirecTV...oddly, our hated Comcast DVR had no issues recording just her 2pm show as a series???