1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Server Connection Failure

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by AED55, Dec 1, 2013.

1. AED55

AED55 AllStar

Oct 2, 2008
    Just started having a problem with my 722k when trying to access My Rentals. If I go into "All Movies" then "My Rentals", the message "server connection failure - receiver unable to connect to network server" box appears. Only choice I have is to click done and go out of the DVR menu. I have tested my WIFI connection and the DHCP test passes without error. Also I am able to search movies without problem indicating there must be a good connection to the Dish server. I do have 3 rentals in queue and was wondering if one of them is causing the problem, but I can see no way to get past the error box to delete them. Any help is appreciated.

2. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    Try rebooting the box and if that doesn't fix it then try a hard wired connection to see if that makes a difference.

3. altidude

altidude AllStar

Jan 13, 2010
    I have the same problem on a 722k and a 612 in my house. The difference for me is that I can't even search movies.

Both receivers are hard wired to the LAN and pass the connection test. I can see both from dishanywhere.com, too. I've power cycled the DVR and it didn't help. This started a day or two after my wife watched a ppv movie but I don't know if that has anything to do with the problem. We don't watch many ppv movies so the timing of this problem is interesting to me.

If I find something out I'll let you know.

4. altidude

altidude AllStar

Jan 13, 2010
    I just got a reply from Dish support on their forum: "This is a known issue which is being looked into further. We apologize for any inconvenience caused."

5. AED55

AED55 AllStar

Oct 2, 2008

6. altidude

altidude AllStar

Jan 13, 2010
    Do you remember which ports they claim are needed? I've seen posts here or at dish support, don't remember which, claiming port 80 and 443 must be open but I've had both forwarded to my Windows Home Server since long before I had Dish and never had this network error code 145 until 2 or 3 days ago

I can't even get to BB at home from my place on either receiver. Same error code on both so it does not seem to be a receiver specific firmware/software issue.

Also, I tried resetting the broadband connection last night on the 722k and that does not clear the problem.

7. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    Port 5678