1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Service call in Hawaii

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Kimo, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Kimo

Kimo Cool Member

Apr 10, 2007
    I called Dish in May asking about the new HD channels available in Hawaii on 129. They told me someone could come out and install something that would do that for me and they scheduled an appointment for today. I wasn't thrilled about the 30 day wait but they said that was the earliest available.

Today I checked the dish website and my order was gone. I called them and they said it was canceled because it was written incorrectly and I would have to call a local retailer to reschedule. So I call the local retailer and was told the original order was written for equipment that was not available in Hawaii. They said they could install new equipment that would do what I want but I would have to go through Dishnetwork to schedule it.

Further repeated calls to each were fruitless. Dish says I have to schedule locally, local company says I have go through Dish. There seems to be a disconnect here. Does anybody no a way around this dilemma?

Thank you.

2. Mertzen

Mertzen Hall Of Fame

Dec 8, 2006
    DIY ?

3. avmaster

avmaster Legend

May 29, 2008
    Fly me out there and I will install it:) wouldnt mind a free trip to hawaii lol

4. rbgator95

rbgator95 Mentor

May 31, 2007
    Aloha-

Last year I went with Hawaii Satellite Services, not far from your Pearl City location. They did -not- require me to go via Dish Network first. This happened before the 129 service was added so I am curious as to how they are setting that up. Hopefully they are not the local company you had trouble with. Anyways give them a call.

5. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    If they're close to you, go to their office and call Dish from there. Let the two of them haggle it out while you wait in person.

6. Zero327

Zero327 Godfather

Oct 10, 2006
    CSRs don't haggle. They hang up?

7. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Dealers don't call CSR's.

8. Kimo

Kimo Cool Member

Apr 10, 2007
    I'm not opposed to doing it myself but I'm no expert either. Meaning I'm not exactly sure of what I need. Think there's any chance of getting Dish to send what I need for free? Without DHPP I know I'm going to be on the hook for shipping, unless I renew it.

I tried Hawaii Satellite Services several times but they never returned my call. They did my install as well.

9. avmaster

avmaster Legend

May 29, 2008
    I can see what I can do as I work for a retailer, you would need to find an installer in your area to do the install. Its possible we may be able to ship your equipment to you.

10. Kimo

Kimo Cool Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Avmaster - thanks for the parts offer. Before I take you up on that I need to find out if I can even see 129 from my house. I'll try turning one of my antennas this weekend to see if I can get it.

You mention having to find an installer to do the upgrade. Is that a requirement by Dish or an equipment/alignment complexity issue?

I'll have to pass on your personal installation services offer though. Apparently you would need a work Visa because according to one of the Dish CSR's I spoke with, Hawaii is a foreign country. That's why they are unable to schedule service calls. Her reasoning for Hawaii being a foreign country was that you have to take a boat or plane to get here.

11. marks177

marks177 New Member

Jun 26, 2009
    I think that there is need to look for alternatives. Try to google

12. Kimo

Kimo Cool Member

Apr 10, 2007
    This problem may have been resolved.

I spoke with a very nice sales manager at Microcom today. She understood what the problem was and got a conference call going with a person at the executive offices, and stayed on until everything was setup.

I was told that service calls for Hawaii have to be written manually but can be done from Dish and does not have to go through the local retailer.