1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Set Grizzlies-Bobcats game to record, MyVod says cancelled

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by geaux1, Nov 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 4, 2006 #1 of 11
    geaux1

geaux1 Banned User

Oct 22, 2006
    this is obviously still a problem, and DTV is still broadcasting a screen with music so no lost signal made the machine delete it, what gives?

2. Nov 4, 2006 #2 of 11
    geaux1

geaux1 Banned User

Oct 22, 2006
    Now I just tried to play it after resetting it, still blank screen, the latest episode. This is the first time this has ever happened to me though I have read about it happening to others, usually I have been able to just push the 30 second FF button and that kick starts it. So I tried to delete, froze it again, have to reset it again. This machine is officially a POS.

3. Nov 4, 2006 #3 of 11
    mcl

mcl Legend

Aug 16, 2006
    Mine works perfectly!

4. Nov 4, 2006 #4 of 11
    geaux1

geaux1 Banned User

Oct 22, 2006
    Mine works perfectly too, perfectly up to it's abilities which are perfectly crappy.

5. Nov 4, 2006 #5 of 11
    mcl

mcl Legend

Aug 16, 2006
    Must be your cables.

Or you need to reformat your hard drive.

Or you've just set it up wrong.

6. Nov 4, 2006 #6 of 11
    geaux1

geaux1 Banned User

Oct 22, 2006
    Nope, cables don't make it not record a show and freeze up when you are trying to delete, automaticaly cancel sports subscription recordings, lose the 119/110 for hours and days at a time when I never had this problem before (So I should say the whole set up with the Ka/Ku dish to be more accurate which may include the cables), etc, the problems go on and on. I didn;t set it up, that's DTV's job, and whatever lameo excuse they and their apologists keep making that they don;t install is laughable, the dudes are sent by them, hired by them and wear their uniforms, they are them as far as the consumer, me, is concerned, and as far as the law is concerned too. That's why they all of a sudden started acting like a sleazy cell phone company asking for a 2 year commitment from valued customers, they knew this was potential crap, no other reason. Now on reformatting, you may be right about the show recordings and feeze ups, but i've had this thing for just a few months, it's a DVR where I record a lot of shows, if I have tore fromat it every few months and lose my shows, it's a piece of crap.

7. Nov 4, 2006 #7 of 11
    mcl

mcl Legend

Aug 16, 2006
    You're obviously just a tivo-lover unwilling to change.

They never said it'd be perfect.

You're just being too harsh.

8. Nov 4, 2006 #8 of 11
    geaux1

geaux1 Banned User

Oct 22, 2006
    And I really want to know is what is the current status on the issues with the auto deletions and cancellations on the sports subscriptions, I thought they were fixed and i did not mean to get into an argument with one of the cult lovers over me daring to call this box a bad name over it's well documented poor performance, heaven forbid a consumer be ticked off.

9. Nov 4, 2006 #9 of 11
    Twosted

Twosted Godfather

Sep 18, 2006
    He is being sarcastic. Just ignore his posts.:nono: As to your problem, all I can say is what others have said. Hopefully the next update will resolve these issues.:shrug:

10. mcl

mcl Legend

Aug 16, 2006
    Lies! i've just seen the light and joined your side. What I'm spouting was in your most recent talking points memo.

11. btmoore

btmoore Hall Of Fame

Aug 28, 2006
    Can some one please put me on the talking points fax list. Perhaps Faux can start shilling, oops I forgot Rupert thinks D* is a turd bird, maybe that won't happen. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.