1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Set to record in guide; not displayed in to-do list

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by mwarner, Jan 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mwarner

mwarner Cool Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Just thought I'd add my wierd item to the list of issues with my R-15.

On Thursday, I went ahead in the guide to find the Golden Globes listed for Monday evening. I hit the record button and got the (R) listed in the guide.

This evening, I was going thru my to-do list. I currently have 34 items listed in it. However, The Golden Globes is not listed for Monday evening. When I pulled up the guide and scrolled to Monday evening, it is still listed in the guide with a (R). So, it still shows as it should record in the guide, but it is not in the to-do list and has certainly had plenty of time to appear in it. In fact, other shows scheduled for Monday evening show up in the to-do list (24 on Fox and Letterman, so no conflicts).

Now, it will be curious to see if it actually records Monday evening or if this could be a indication of a missed recording.

-Matt

2. LongRufus

LongRufus Cool Member

Jan 11, 2006
    Have you powered down into standby since Thursday? I just added the R15 a few days ago and when I tried to add a Series Link for Crossing Jordan this morning, I could not get tonights 8pm episode to show up in the To Do list. I gave the original SL an hour to show, deleted it, and retried without luck. I finally powered down at 7:30 and restarted at 7:45 and it finally showed up in the To Do list. I don't know if it was the power down or the fact that the starting showtime was less than 30 minutes away, but it is something to keep in mind.

3. mwarner

mwarner Cool Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Yup. The unit is put in standby every night. As I was playing around with it, I hit the record button in the guide for the Golden Globes and the (R) went away. I hit record again and the (R) came back and now it is listed in the to-do list.

Because I was playing around with it, I don't know if it would have recorded on Monday or not. But there certainly seems like there could be a bug with items not appearing in the to-do list.

Oh well.. If I can re-create the problem, I'll leave it alone and find out.

-Matt

4. Malibu13

Malibu13 Lifetime Achiever

Sep 12, 2004
    N.E North...
    mwarner, Welcome to DBSTalk. :welcome_s

You indicated that when you were playing around with it, you hit the "Record" button and the (R) went away. How many times did you hit the button to make the (R) go away? Could you have possibly set it up as a "Series" record instead of a 1-time recording?

My reason for asking this, is if the (R) went away with only 1 hit of the button, this would normally indicate that there was a "Series Link" set up for that particular recording and "Golden Globes" should not be a series. I say this because the procedure for setting up recordings is: 1 press for 1-time recording, 2 presses for series link recordings, and 3 presses clears out the (R).

After the (R) was cleared from the guide, and you hit the "Record" button again, this would indicate a 1-time recording which allowed it to populate into the "To-Do List".

Not an answer but just a theory, as we have seen and heard many different issues with the R15 recording feature.

5. fancydancy

fancydancy Legend

Nov 29, 2005
    Speaking from past experience, if you have an item that shows an "R" in the guide and is not listed in the ToDo list, it probably will NOT be recorded. I'd try maybe getting at the program some other way ("Find By" perhaps) and see if you can schedule the recording that way.

I can't remember the exact example but I do remember this happening to me, and it appeared that only items in the ToDo list will be recorded, even if an item shows an "R" in the guide.

6. siquepupi

siquepupi New Member

Jan 15, 2006
    I have the R15. they changed the season pass to Series link When I program Family Guy to record a series link on Toon it tells me that the shows on TBS are sceduled to record as well, but they do not record & I cant schedule a series link because it seems to be already scheduled.

7. mwarner

mwarner Cool Member

Nov 16, 2005
    It was one click to remove it. I don't think you can get a series link for Golden Globes, because there is only one episode. In other words, cliking it twice to try and make a series link for it causes the record indication to go away.

But, just to confirm, when I had setup Golden Globes last Thursday, it was not listed in the Prioritizer (as late as Saturday morning) and only had one (R), so the R-15 thought it was a one time recording.

-Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.