1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Set to record on another DVR

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by charlie460, Jan 30, 2013.

1. charlie460

charlie460 Godfather

Sep 12, 2009
    Is there no way, with two networked HR24s, to set a recording on the other HR24? I guess the only way to do it would be online?

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Unfortunately an h24 can do it, but not a DVR. You would need to do it online or through an app.

3. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Currently you cant setup recordings from one dvr to another dvr, just a receiver to a dvr, if you have say 1 receiver and multiple dvrs, I believe you get a choice of which dvr you record it on.

4. joed32

joed32 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    I use a laptop but a lot of people use smart phones, once you get to their site you can set up recordings on any DVR.

5. BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt

Nov 3, 2006
    I use the Directv Android app on my phone to set recordings on any of my dvrs. Works great. Unfortunately the app won't let you know if there is a recording conflict (at least I don't think does).

6. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    It can't notify you of conflicts because DirecTV doesn't know what is scheduled to record any of your DVR's.