1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

setting up a ViP 612 HD-DVR on two tvs

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by cheyennew, Dec 19, 2013.

1. cheyennew

cheyennew New Member

Dec 19, 2013
    I'm trying to set up my two hdtvs to one ViP 612 HD-DVR. I am aware both tvs will always be watching the same thing. I've read that with this box only one tv will be hooked up to the hd and the other would have to be hooked up regularly, but I wouldn't mind that either. I just want to have the two tvs hooked up to my one box, any way I can. Is it possible?

2. RBA

RBA Active Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    If you want HDTV on both you can run component (red, green, blue & red, white audio) to the close TV then run a long HDMI to the distant TV. I am doing this with a 40" and a 50" HDTV. I also run the channel 3 SD output through out the house so any TV can watch satellite.