1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Setting up on a houseboat

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by tretopflir, Aug 9, 2013.

1. tretopflir

tretopflir New Member

Aug 9, 2013
    ca
    Hi All, New guy here.

My current setup on a houseboat in Central Ca is a Direct tv SWM mounted on a rotor antenna mast. This setup has worked well on a marina and when parked in a cove. Since the elevation doesn't change we just kinda look outside a turn the rotor to point the dish. Its a 2 person operation. Ive looked at marine trackers(not all the HD channels) and winegard stationary unit( locks on after stopping) Its $1800 and retracts and finds elevation and azimuth, I don't really need that. I need to do a new setup on a new houseboat. Any ideas on how to get a azimuth tracker or a rotor with compass readout? I believe we are 132deg when locked on. since my parents are retired and like to move around up there. Id like to set them up for a easier lock on. It doesn't have to track or even lock on..just get close and they can final adjust with the signal meters. Thanks