1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting up on a houseboat

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by tretopflir, Aug 9, 2013.

1. tretopflir

tretopflir New Member

Aug 9, 2013
    ca
    Hi All, New guy here.

My current setup on a houseboat in Central Ca is a Direct tv SWM mounted on a rotor antenna mast. This setup has worked well on a marina and when parked in a cove. Since the elevation doesn't change we just kinda look outside a turn the rotor to point the dish. Its a 2 person operation. Ive looked at marine trackers(not all the HD channels) and winegard stationary unit( locks on after stopping) Its $1800 and retracts and finds elevation and azimuth, I don't really need that. I need to do a new setup on a new houseboat. Any ideas on how to get a azimuth tracker or a rotor with compass readout? I believe we are 132deg when locked on. since my parents are retired and like to move around up there. Id like to set them up for a easier lock on. It doesn't have to track or even lock on..just get close and they can final adjust with the signal meters. Thanks