1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Setting up Slimline Dish?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by RonH, Aug 16, 2008.

1. RonH

RonH Godfather

Jul 25, 2007
    If you saw my other post about Tailgating Trailer I now have a 2nd question. Is it any harder setting up the New Slimline dish to receive a signal than the old 3 LNB ones?Are all the adjustments you need to know the same as the 3 LNB ones?

Thanks

2. Tiger62

Tiger62 Godfather

Mar 18, 2008
    The Slimline 5LNB was the first dish I had ever set up and I had no problems doing it.

3. RonH

RonH Godfather

Jul 25, 2007

Thanks for the reply. Since we will pretty much park in the same place as we have in th past I know the 3LNB settings and pretty much where to point the old dish so I was hoping the new one be about the same.

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Don't point your Slimline dish like your old 3-LNB dish. The 3-LNB dish points at the 110-deg satellite, while the Slimline points at the 101-deg satellite. Check out the installation videos here. Adjustment is very critical for the Ka-band (HD) satellites at 99 and 103-deg.

http://www.solidsignal.com/dtvkuka

5. Jason Whiddon

Jason Whiddon Hall Of Fame

Aug 17, 2006
    Ive done two slimlines, very easy.

I just put in the numbers from the dvr for tilt and skew, then point it in the right directions. Usually a little peaking from there and I get great SS.