1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting up two Vip622s

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by ap89b, Jun 15, 2011.

1. ap89b

ap89b New Member

Jun 15, 2011
    I'm looking to set up a tv to recieve the SD tuner on my VIP 622. I currently have two VIP622 recievers set up with triplexers to run a single line back into the wall. Each coax from the recievers is then set up to run into a diplexer with an output to a DPP44. Then, I have a line running from the DPP44 to my second TV that recieves the SD tuner signal from one VIP 622. However, I can only pick up the Analog signal from the one VIP 622 on that TV. The other VIP622 is on and set up to broadcast on a different channel, but the TV won't pick it up. Anyways, I need to set up a new TV to recieve the SD tuner signal from the second VIP622. I was just wondering what combination of splitters/combiners/diplexers I would need to hook up to accomplish this.

Thanks for any help!

2. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    The RF output from the second 622 will have to be diplexed back into the satellite cable just like the first one was, then it should show up on the remote SDTV. You may need to diplex it back out and use a splitter in reverse (combiner) to join the two cables to the remote SDTV.

I do not believe the DPP44 will pass the OTA or cable frequencies from the FR agile modulator on the 622 so the signal must be removed from that line before it goes through the switch.

Be sure the 622 #2 has the output set the same way the first one is set, i.e, if the first one is set to OTA, set the second one to OTA out, if the first one is set to cable, set the second to output cable channels , too. That might be why your TV cannot see the output from the second 622, cable channels and OTA channels are in different frequency bands.