1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Severe Pixelation on Local ABC Station

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Msguy, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    Right now I am trying to watch the Penn State vs Michigan State Game. I have SEVERE Pixelation on the screen. I've done 2 resets. All my Other HD Channels look great. My Local ABC Station which is ABC 24 From Memphis is HORRIBLE. The Whole Screen is ghosting and it's pathetic. Can Anyone Help Me? I don't know what else to do.

2. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    The game has been over for quite a while now.

3. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    Yeah it just ended

4. Rocker07

Rocker07 AllStar

Jul 1, 2007
    Don't think it is your receiver, i'm getting the same thing through the sat and over the air. I think it is the network. I hope it's fixed before the Oklahoma game. FWIW, my local station is 24 out of Memphis also.

5. sdicomp

sdicomp Godfather

Sep 12, 2006
    It's not fixed! I'm TRYING to watch TT vs. Oklahoma on Memphis channel 24. HD is unwatchable!!

6. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    I know it's not my receiver now. All my other HD Channels look so good and ABC looks aweful. ABC 24 from Memphis is Unwatchable. It's the Most Severe Pixelation I have ever seen. These Aren't Just "Freeze Frames" The Picture has lines sometimes actually going up and down and it's just Gobs and Gobs of Color. I'm Tired of this crap. DirecTv needs to Fix this!

7. rhambling

rhambling Godfather

Dec 19, 2007
    i had this on all locals a couple days ago. tuned to ota and it was fine,

8. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    Would Calling DirecTv and Complaining do any good? Or Is it The Stations Problem and would i just be wasting a Saturday evening on hold trying to get through to DirecTv?

9. Rocker07

Rocker07 AllStar

Jul 1, 2007
    They need to turn on ABCE on 86 for those of us that have lost the ABC local completely now. I believe they have done something like that in the past.

10. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    Well it is 8:04 p.m. Central Time and My Local ABC Station in HD has Went Completely Dark. I'm not even seeing Anything Now! What The HELL is going on?

11. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    That's It I'm Calling DirecTv

12. Rocker07

Rocker07 AllStar

Jul 1, 2007
    Great, now I get the message to tune to channel 86 and it says I'm not authorized to view it, come on DT get it together.

13. Rocker07

Rocker07 AllStar

Jul 1, 2007
    396 now working guy's.

14. mhaines1

mhaines1 Cool Member

Feb 5, 2008
    I am trying to watch the TT and Oklahoma game here in Washington, DC. WJLA 7 is very pixelated both OTA and on DTV. Everything else looks great. Maybe a problem with ABC in general?

15. sdicomp

sdicomp Godfather

Sep 12, 2006
    Thanks Rocker! You know more than the clueless CSR I just called!

She said I would have to get a waiver to get the channel that the local was suggesting, and it would take 4 months!

I told her the game would be over long before then!!

16. sswheeler

sswheeler Legend

Aug 27, 2008
    I guess I am one of the few with no problems. Watching it ere on WOI 5 in Des Moines and it looks great.

17. Rocker07

Rocker07 AllStar

Jul 1, 2007
    Not surprised, I've never talked with a CSR that understood any of my questions.:crying_sa

18. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    I just called DirecTv and they said there was nothing they could do on their end! My Local ABC Station is Dark. I'm not even getting it. Channel 396 is thankfully on. Why do we have to go through this every week it seems like with ABC HD Games?

19. Justin23

Justin23 Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    You said the problem was not with your receiver, then in the same post said that D* needs to "fix this". Huh? From what I have read it sounds like the problem is with that station because folks pulling in that same station OTA are having the same problems. :nono2:

J

20. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    YES DirecTv Needs To Fix This! They Need to Get off their Behinds and Call ABC To Find out Why The Hell This Problem keeps on Re-Occuring Week after Week. This Happens Almost Every Saturday when there is a College Football game on. We are paying DirecTv for their Service and If they are pulling in a "Bad" Signal From ABC, Then DirecTv And ABC Need To get together and "FIX" This Problem. It's Re-Occuring Week after Week! What If This Happens During the Bowl Games like it has been All Regular Season? There will be alot of angry fans around the country.