1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SF Bay Area CBS-HD Waiver

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Big D, Jul 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big D

Big D Legend

Aug 19, 2002
    A couple of months ago, CBS completed it's purchase of KOVR (CBS) from Sinclair in the Sacramento area, making KOVR an O&O station. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and our CBS station is O&O by CBS, however when I tried in the past to get the CBS-HD distant channel added to my service, E* always wanted a waiver from KOVR in Sacramento because it is a white area.

Now with the Sacramento and San Francisco stations both owned and operated by CBS, we should be able to get the feed without the need for a waiver, has anyone been successful it doing this? Has anyone tried recently? All I get from E* is that a waiver is still needed and they have not been informed of the change in ownership.

2. jsanders

jsanders Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    I get get the CBS-HD L.A. no problem, and I live in the same market, and I get KPIX locally. When they told me that I needed a waiver, i just said, "Okay, could you please get me a waiver?". I took them five of ten minues to do it while I was on hold. Don't know what they did, although the CSR had to go through a couple of levels of more experienced CSRs before he figured out how to do it.

3. Big D

Big D Legend

Aug 19, 2002
    When did you do this, since the change of ownership in Sacramento or before?

4. jsanders

jsanders Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    I asked them for the waiver about a year ago if I remember correctly.

5. Big D

Big D Legend

Aug 19, 2002
    Yea, you were just one of the lucky ones who got it before E* knew better back when. Does not help us with what is going on now, but thanks anyway.

6. Paradox-sj

Paradox-sj AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Dec 15, 2004
    I just told them to look at the requirments on the E* web site and asked them YES or NO questions as to how it apply to me.

At the end of the call I had CBS EAST and WEST truned on...

7. jsanders

jsanders Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    You just have to play CSR roulette until you get what you want. That is what I did, I think I only had to call two times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.