1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

sf95 meter

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by sstv, Aug 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sstv

sstv Legend

Jul 30, 2006
    DALLAS TX
    Anyone who has spent anytime on a hot or cold roof knows the joy of lining up a Sat dish with your wife helping you. In my case its a shouting match from the roof to a open window near the TV using the signal meter on the Sat Recv. NOT GOOD.
    So the inexpensive SF95 meter looks like a very good alterative.
    I know it is not LAB quality and that there are better meters for more money but for the once every few years, the SF95 should do the trick keeping the wife very happy.
    Now my question, can the meter be hooked up thru a MULTI SWITCH., hooking the LNB to one side of the meter and the other side of the meter to the LNB side of the MULTI SWITCH or must the meter be hooked directly to the Recv.
    I hope that makes sense.
    SSTV

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    it will work, but be sure switch matrix is ok and you select that satellite what the LNBF looking;
    buy $20 a pair of CB radio and keep the house warm winter time ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.