1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SG-1 Cancelled, Atlantis Renewed

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by mhking, Aug 21, 2006.

What should happen with SG-1?

1. Movie in either TV or Cinema release

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Direct to DVD season

7 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. New Network

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  4. Mini Series

26 vote(s)
    66.7%
  5. End it

5 vote(s)
    12.8%
  1. mhking

mhking Legend

Oct 27, 2002
    Atlanta
    From Multichannel News by way of Gateworld (http://gateworld.net/news/2006/08/istargate_sg-1i_cancelled_iatlan.shtml)

:(

2. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    Well, lets just hope they close a lot of the open storylines in a show finale. Not too upset... it was a good run, and we'll likely see many crossover episodes with Atlantis continuing the storylines.

3. invaliduser88

invaliduser88 Welcome to Torchwood DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    Agreed. 10 years is a very good run. Sorry to see it go, but at least SciFi treated it better than Farscape.

Wonder if any SG-1 characters will make the jump to Atlantis?

4. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    I agree. All good things must come to an end. I actually enjoy Atlantis more than SG-1.

I hope the finale episode is a good one.

5. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    We all knew it was coming, I just didn't think it would be this soon. I guess they need to figure out where is Merlin's weapon soon if they are going to figure out how to use it.

In all honesty though, I think it would have been better to go out right after they defeated Anubis. I see the Ori as far worse of an enemy the what the Gould were. I think you could have 8 seasons just battling them.

6. skidog

skidog Godfather

Dec 2, 2004
    I agree they have barely scratched the surface with the Ori.:(

7. UKintheUS

UKintheUS Godfather

Dec 23, 2005
    Ah but the cast are contracted for season 11 and the scrips are set. MGM have said an anoucement will follow this week.

So your options are.

Movie in either TV or Cinema release.
    Direct to DVD season.
    New Network.
    Mini Series
    End it.

I will make a poll.

8. HockeyKat

HockeyKat Legend

Jul 5, 2006
    I just hope that when they say things like 'maybe a movie or mini-series' they actually mean it. I think they said similar stuff when X Files ended and we're still waiting for the second movie. :lol:

I think the bummer about this is that they're not going out on their own choosing right now. And in fact, the writers didn't count on an ending to the series at the end of this season, unlike the past several years. So I wonder how they're going to wrap things up.

I think it would be really cool for Daniel to make the jump to Atlantis (almost too bad he finally got to go there now), but I don't know who else would fit in.

9. UKintheUS

UKintheUS Godfather

Dec 23, 2005
    The UK's Digital Spy website is saying:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds36162.html

10. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    I don't know who else would fit in.

Walter of course! [​IMG]

11. HockeyKat

HockeyKat Legend

Jul 5, 2006

Of course! What was I thinking?!

12. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    I'm not much of a fan of Mitchell, and while Vala is definitely eye candy and has a little comic relief, I wouldn't miss her too much. I think Danial could move over to Atlantis. They don't have a archeologist/geek that would be compariable to Daniel. Tealc I think would clash with Ronin. I also think that Tealc is too "rigid" of a warrior for what SGA needs.

13. Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5 Hall Of Fame

Mar 11, 2003
    I say end it with all the loose ends tied up and if they want to they can go back to the big screen and make movies like Star Trek did. I frankly like Atlantis better than STargate. But I see Atlantis being trapped in doing the same retread episodes that Stargate has already done. Kind of like all the Star Trek shows did . They just recycled plots over and over and used them in all the different shows. I really don't know where else they can go with Atlantis unless they start doing the time travel stories and then they will have jumped the shark when they do.

I frankly think that Battle Star Galactica is the better series now , especially after the last finale . I think it is time to close the book on the StarGate shows entirely and move on with some new concepts. Just not spin offs of Battle Star Galactica. When ever they do spin offs they water down the entire genre of the shows and it is just more of the same spread out over two shows now. Both weaker now than the origional.

14. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    ....than to get attached to anything on Sci-Fi!:lol: To be honest i'm actually a relatively new addition to the SG-1 bandwagon as a full-time fan. It was one of those shows I would occasionally watch from time to time until about two seasons ago. I actually think that it was when BSG started is when I started watching SG-1 all the time also. I should've known when they added the two orphans from Farscape that the show was doomed, because I liked that show also. Oh well maybe i'll see if I can start getting more into Atlantis, but if I do that it's sure to be cancelled also! :lol: Who knows maybe they'll find a new home for SG-1, they've done it before.

15. Paradox-sj

Paradox-sj AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Dec 15, 2004
    say it aint so! Well like the title of the final ST:TNG episonde "all good things" do indeed come to an end.

I dont think atlantis will last as long though. I wouldnt be supprised if its gone after next year.

BSG and its spinoff will be the new flagship show.

It was a great run!

16. UKintheUS

UKintheUS Godfather

Dec 23, 2005
    Well yesterday MGM, and Sony annouced, SG1, and Atlantis will soon be avaliable to download from iTunes.

I hope there not going to do something like: Season 11 exclusive on iTunes only, then on to DVD.

It would be a sort of Coup d'├ętat for Apple Mac.

17. UKintheUS

UKintheUS Godfather

Dec 23, 2005
    Would have thought more people would have voted but intresting so far.

18. wkomorow

wkomorow DBSTalk Club Member

Apr 22, 2002
    While watching SG-1 tonight, I thought of the perfect ending for SG-1. The Ori conquer Earth, only a few members of the SG-1 cast make it to Atlantis. Ori can then be reintroduced in Atlantis, the final battle between the Ori and humans would actually be between the Ori and the Ancients on the Ancients home world.

19. UKintheUS

UKintheUS Godfather

Dec 23, 2005
    So read this.

And what i had said.

Read the whole thing at.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/08/mgm_considers_isg-1is_future.shtml

20. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    They have a contract that says that not only can they cancel the show but if they cancel it no one else is allowed to pick it up either??!!:mad: I'm sorry but that just ain't right!!:nono2: