1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharing between HR2X DVRs?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by ChopOMatic, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChopOMatic

ChopOMatic New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Hi folks,

I'm new and apologize in advance if this question has been beat to death, but here goes...

I have an HR21 and have networking set up via hardline. The HR21 sees Vista machines on the network and I'm sure I can get it to see the XP machines as well by following the guides posted on here.

My question is this: Is there a way at present--or in the foreseeable future--to share recorded material between HR2X DVRs that are on the same network? Sure would be cool if the bedroom DVR could access (hi-def) material recorded on the DVR in the living room.

Thanks for all insight...

Chop

2. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    Welcome to DBSTalk

At some point MRV (multi room viewing) will be added and you will be able to stream programs from one HD DVR to another over your home network. But when it will be added we don't know.

You can do a search for MRV to read all the post on here about it. But the thing you have to remember is anything you read right now about it is 100% speculation. The only thing we know for sure is it is going to happen but other than that DirecTV has not said anything about how it will work and be setup.

3. tfederov

tfederov Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Ah, to have MRV. It's one of the big ones a bunch of us can't wait for.

4. ChopOMatic

ChopOMatic New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Thx, Mike. Much appreciated.

Chop

5. BillyBob_jcv

BillyBob_jcv Legend

Feb 11, 2006
    I want my MRV!!!

If DirecTV would give the public access to the OS, I'll bet we would have MRV within a month or two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.