1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

"Shark Tank" (ABC)

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Tele-TV, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Tele-TV

Tele-TV Godfather

Nov 26, 2003
  2. LOCODUDE

LOCODUDE Hall Of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    New York
    I saw about 5 mins of this.....Not enough to offer any kind of opinion, I'm afraid. Will try to catch next showing, and see...

3. Tele-TV

Tele-TV Godfather

Nov 26, 2003
    ^^ Did you get a chance to watch the show yet? I like it.

It's no "Pitchmen," but its a good show.

On this past Sunday's show, they had this lady named Susan who has a company called Perfect Pear, all the judges said there samples tasted great. I'm going to order some.

4. pfp

pfp Whatever

Apr 28, 2009
    Im definitely enjoying it. A good summer show.

5. uslimey

uslimey AllStar

Mar 13, 2006
    It is taken from Burnett's British show "Dragon's Den" Tuesday nights on BBCAmerica. In my opinion the British version is much more sophisticated.:)

6. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    I have it set to record. Someone at work said it was really good.

7. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    We gave two episodes a shot. DOA both times. :nono:

8. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    I never set a series link for a new series until I have had the chance to watch it once.

Anyway, I watched part of the first episode. Turned it off for some reason and completely forgot about it.

9. Sep 1, 2009 #9 of 15
    uslimey

uslimey AllStar

Mar 13, 2006
    Watch the English version on Tuesday.

10. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    I watched it Sunday and thought it was great. I can not wait for the next episode.

11. barryb

barryb New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Watched it for the first time the other night, and I plan to keep doing so.

12. tcusta00

tcusta00 New Member

Dec 31, 2007
    It's entertaining, for sure. I wonder how many of the "Deals" they make on air actually close though.

I do think the sharks are playing off of one another to try to take advantage of the entrepreneurs. Case in point was the episode on Sunday with the ladies selling the Pack&Play slipcovers. The sharks offered them the cash they wanted for 75% equity stake and 3 partners... versus the one shark offering the same for "just" a 40% equity stake. If it were just the 40% deal on the table they may have declined it, but with the 75% deal thrown in it made the other deal more attractive. Plus that bald dude eggs people on by insulting their intelligence if they waver on accepting deals.

I think the sharks made out on that slipcover one. Having used those hotel Pack&Plays on vacation quite a bit I can tell you my wife already wants one. They just needed a better marketing plan, not $350,000.

13. Tele-TV

Tele-TV Godfather

Nov 26, 2003
    I wonder why they changed the set from the Sharks sitting behind a counter, to them sitting in individual chairs.

14. uslimey

uslimey AllStar

Mar 13, 2006
    They do that on Dragon's Den which is set in an old warehouse. BBCAmerica - no comparison and the dragons are very tough! They do not give out their money easily.

15. Tele-TV

Tele-TV Godfather

Nov 26, 2003
    ^^ I'll have to check Dragon's Den. Going to search the show on my DVR. Thanks uslimey.

BTW, did anyone see this past Tuesday's Shark Tank where Kevin O Leary said something like " Barbara Bank of Bozo. " It made me laugh hard.