1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Shenandoah Valley area Virginia with HR-24's!!!!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by cole46_51, Jun 9, 2010.

1. cole46_51

cole46_51 New Member

May 13, 2010
    Tech just left my house a little bit ago with my new install and left 2 pretty new out the box HR-24's. Said they just got them in about 2 weeks ago and he had about another 10 or so on his truck! Company was DirectSat USA (u can google them) out of Verona and they service Harrisonburg, Staunton, Waynesboro and the other smaller towns in the area, so if your getting a new install or upgrading good chance they'll be the one's doing it and I confirm they do have them! Good luck!

2. LameLefty

LameLefty I used to be a rocket scientist

Sep 28, 2006
    Middle...
    Congrats! I love mine - wish I had three or four more for the rest of my house too. :p

3. vthokies1996

vthokies1996 Legend

Oct 6, 2008
    Is it possible to upgrade existing HD-DVRs to HR-24s?

Currently I have an HR21-100 and an HR21-200. I forgot to ask when I was on the phone with them the other evening. They did mention that I was eligible for 2 upgrades, whatever that meant.

4. mcbeevee

mcbeevee 97% Complete

Sep 18, 2006
    You can upgrade at anytime if you are willing to pay the retail amount (around $199) for an HR24. Directv does not guarantee the model number if you order through them.

:)

5. cole46_51

cole46_51 New Member

May 13, 2010
    yes, u can't garentee you will get an HR-24, my post was merely to inform people in my area that the HR-24's are here. Good luck too all!

6. LongJon

LongJon Mentor

Jul 6, 2008
    I'm not too far down I-81 from you, and we have DirectSat as well. My installer from 2+ years ago was with Ironwood, so I'm not sure what happened to them. I have had no complaints with the Ironwood installer and the one service call from DirectSat I've had.

I had an issue a couple weeks ago that ended up being a surge protector, but the tech swapped out my "huge" H21 for an H24 first as well as my LNB gratis just to see if that was the issue. The footprint on this is so small, and its much more responsive. I actually have a DVR upgrade scheduled in about a week, and I'm hoping to get the HR24 as well. Fingers crossed!