1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Sheryl Crow live on Big Brother

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Chris Blount, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    Just finished watching the internet feed of the Sheryl Crow concert on Big Brother. Very cool! She played 3 songs (All I wanna do is have some fun, Soak up the Sun and Steve McQueen). In between one of the songs she mentioned that she felt like she was playing at a wedding since her audience was so small.

It will be airing on CBS tonight (Wednesday) in a 2 hour special. Well worth a look if you are a Sherly Crow fan.

2. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski Banned User

Mar 21, 2002
    I wached as well, it sucked.

Sheryl was good but I kept getting the "were sorry this stream is unavailable" error message.

When I got in the video was bad, now that it's done everything is good again.

3. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    I know what you mean Scott. I had to try a few times to get in but once I did, the stream was pretty stable and the video was as good as what I expected considering how loaded the server was. The sound was also pretty clear.

I had a 201K connection using my cable modem. I can't imagine trying to watch the feed with a dialup which might top out at about 5K. People with dialup really get ripped paying $10 a month for lousy video and sound.

The only thing I don't like about the Big Brother feeds is that they timeout after 30 minutes. To make sure that I saw the entire concert, I re-established my connection while the houseguests were working on the challenge so I ended up missing that part. It took me a few times but I finally got back in right when Sheryl Crow started singing her first song. No biggy, I will just watch what I missed tonight on TV.

4. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski Banned User

Mar 21, 2002
    The part I hate is that they widely advertised this concert, yet they did not have enough bandwidth to handle their paying customers.

You would think that RealNetwork would have more then enough streams available.

It was funny how after the concert everyone was sitting around and talking about how they felt like Puppets for Dancing around to Cheryl Crow, and they also seemed upset that she only did three songs. I bet we dont see any of that footage on tonights show, instead we will see the happy people who loved havinig her there.

5. jrjcd

jrjcd Arcane Movie Trivia King DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    all i wanna do is chat all day....

6. Mike

Mike Icon

Apr 9, 2002
    All I have is dialup, so I really appreciate all of yours and others updates. WCBS in New York is showing the Giants @ Jets game on Sat., 8/24, so CBS 2 is going to show Big Brother from 7 to 8pm ET. An hour before most of the ET and CT time zones get the "regular" feed.