1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Short on cash? eBay your will!

Discussion in 'The OT' started by chaddux, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaddux

chaddux Banned User

Oct 10, 2004
    "When I die, you win!"

2. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    How long before it gets deleted? :D

3. chaddux

chaddux Banned User

Oct 10, 2004
    It's been up for nearly three days and received lots of attention. As long as it is not in violation of any rules (and reports are saying that there aren't any violations), it will stay.

4. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Clever twist on the sell-my-kidney deal, but I think this one is bogus.

His "buy now" price is only $15k - WTF? In his offer, he says he's a third-year biology student, so $16k won't even get him through to graduation at a top-tier school, much less would $17k pay for the first week of med school. Also, I'd be concerned that my new "heir" might hit a financial rough patch and suddenly be willing to take me out for a few $100k. Finally, any will can be rendered null and void simply by executing a new wiil. The buyer has absolutely no protection.

Good thing he's not going for a career in law! :rolleyes:

5. chaddux

chaddux Banned User

Oct 10, 2004
    Not only can they not stop it, the buyer would have no way of even knowing that the previous will had been superseded.

6. Nick

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Chad, during your Nielson week, please watch "24"...we need all the help we can get. :grin:

Thanks.

7. chaddux

chaddux Banned User

Oct 10, 2004
    Oh, that's guaranteed. I've watched every single episode that's ever aired. I even own season one (although I'm selling it).

8. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    This reminds me of those other ideas that people came up with such as the advertisement on the forehead which got over $25,000 (the guy made an appearance on G4TechTv's The Screen Savers).

9. HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky Banned User

Jan 11, 2004
    I'm working on grilled-cheese sandwiches not only with the face of Jesus but all the disciples, too. I figure if Mary can get over $20k, I should get at least that much or more for each one of these delicious works of art. :D :lol:

10. Nick

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Amateur! :D :D

I've watched every episode and have the DVD sets of seasons 1, 2 & 3! My neighbor who is also a close friend got hooked watching S3 with me at my house last year. We have been watching previous seasons on DVD during the off-season.

She really gets into each episode and she got very angry when Jack's wife got whacked back in S1.

Whoops! :backtotop

Happy, if you can render the Pope in scorched buttered bread, that should be a huge seller soon. :rolleyes:

My favorite such "miracle" was the 'image' rendered in the swirled concrete of some service station's restroom floor. Back then, I envisioned a hapless traveler stopping there just to take a leak and having to stand in line with hundreds of fanatical worshipers. :D

11. chaddux

chaddux Banned User

Oct 10, 2004
    Looks like no one has been dumb enough to bid on this yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.