1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Shortcut to "To Do" List?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by Clark Kent, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Clark Kent

Clark Kent AllStar

May 1, 2007
    Is there a faster way to access the To Do list rather than going through the menu and manage recordings?

2. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    No, that's the only way, AFAIK.

3. mcbeevee

mcbeevee 97% Complete

Sep 18, 2006
    It was originally a 1-button command (yellow button), but Directv decided to change the yellow button to "TV Options".

:)

4. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Actually 2 (LIST-YELLOW), but who's counting? :lol:

6 now, but in reality, almost as quick time-wise for me, because it's only 3 adjacent buttons... one clicked 3x, one clicked 2x:

menu-v-v-v-select-select vs. "look" for list, "look" for yellow. Just my .02. YMMV.

I believe HARMONY users, limited to 5-step macros, have found a "double-press" work-around. I'll leave it to them to comment.

5. jeffshoaf

jeffshoaf Icon

Jun 17, 2006
    Hmmm... Maybe an idea for the wish list!

I think this would be a good "press and hold" function - push the "List" button and get the list of recorded shows, push and hold the "List" button and get the list of to-be-recorded shows.

6. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    We actually have this related request on the Wish List:

"2-click" access to the following features: "Menu-1"=CC TOGGLE, "Menu-2"=TODO LIST, "Menu-3"=CYCLE FAVORITES, "Menu-4"=SERIES MANAGER, "Menu-5"=HISTORY, "Menu-6"=MANUAL RECORD, "Menu-7"=TITLE SEARCH, "Menu-8"=KEYWORD SEARCH, "Menu-9"=SAVED SEARCHES and "Menu-0"=SETUP.

It's a variation of a feature currently found on DirecTiVo's. If folks like the idea and haven't yet voted for it, please do so using the link below. TIA.

7. mcbeevee

mcbeevee 97% Complete

Sep 18, 2006
    It's been so long, I forgot about that! It would be nice if a ToDo shortcut was added back to the menus. Either on the Yellow button quick menu or by pressing the List button twice (my RF remotes do not like the press & hold options).

:)

8. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I don't expect this to happen... it's been discussed over and over. There are any number of learning/macro remotes that could help you with the number of button pushes. One is my friend Steve's favorite URC R6/R7, which you can find for about $20 at Best Buy.

My remote is programmed with a 5-step sequence that goes MENU/DOWN/DOWN/DOWN/ENTER so I can look at the to do list or Series Manager from there.

9. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    That was going to be my suggestion as well.
    The only problem is if DirecTV changes the sequence to get to the Manage Recordings page. Especially if you have a Harmony which has a 5 step limit for their sequences. :(