1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Should CBS display continous Shot Clock during the NCAA Basketball Tournament?

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by bradh404, Mar 2, 2004.

1. bradh404

bradh404 Guest

Since Fox Sports Net has shown the 30 second shot
    clock continously during College Basketball Games.

Do you think Shot Clock should be shown continously
    during CBS's coverage of the NCAA Basketball Tournament?

2. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    I think the shot clock being displayed would be a nice addition to the CBS broadcast.

3. paulh

paulh Godfather

Mar 17, 2003
    I think it is just fine only turning it on during the last 10 seconds of a possession. I do not think more clutter and burn-in material is necessary.

4. dummyproof

dummyproof Godfather

Jan 30, 2004
    Showing the clock only for the actual relevant 10 seconds makes so much sense.
    It actually alerts a viewer that they have entered into a slightly more critical situation.
    Also, the shot clock often becomes irrelevant when either a shot is taken much sooner than the 10 second mark or a change of possession prior to 10 seconds remaining.

5. JM Anthony

JM Anthony Child of the 60's DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 16, 2003
    I'm a purist (and former basketball official). The less clutter on the screen the better. Wouldn't even hurt my feelings if they pulled the plug on Dickie V.

6. jrbdmb

jrbdmb Icon

Sep 5, 2002
    I only hope I can actually tune in to CBS next week to see what they do. :(

7. sikma

sikma Godfather

Dec 11, 2003
    The last 10 seconds makes sense, as I too detest clutter. I would greatly appreciate it if when they scroll the latest scores from around the country and 'shrink' the screen of the game I'm watching, they would wait until the aciton on the floor is stopped (or at least a lull). It seems like at a critical point in every game I watch, whether it's basketball or football the shrink the screen at the absolute worse time :flaiming