1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I swap receivers or not?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by unclecookie, Jan 7, 2012.

1. unclecookie

unclecookie New Member

Jun 10, 2011
    For some time now my HR21-700 has had a "glitch" in the video. When first turned on, every couple seconds the screen would freeze for a split second, then continue on. It had no effect on the audio. If I pushed the reset button it would clear the problem until I turned the TV off. The next time I turned the TV on, the problem would be back. I called Direct TV and the rep had me run a system test. The codes indicated an internal problem, so they shipped me another receiver. The new one is an HR22-100.
    Since I got the new guide update, the problem with the old receiver has stopped. I did a system test, and it still has the same fault codes, but seems to perform OK. My question is- Should I go ahead and replace it with the new one, or leave it alone?

2. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    If you still have the same fault codes you still have something going bad. I'd swap it for the replacement if I were you, after watching everything on the old DVR of course.

3. unclecookie

unclecookie New Member

Jun 10, 2011
    I swapped out to the replacement receiver and now I have the old guide again. I wonder how long before I get the updated guide back?

4. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    If you're in an area that received it via push, instead of forcing it, you should have it Mon or Tuesday. During the rollout the new version isn't in the stream on the weekends.

5. unclecookie

unclecookie New Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Cool, thanks :)