1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show Recording Questions

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by chef8181, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chef8181

chef8181 AllStar

Jan 25, 2007
    Just got my HR20 last week after 3 years of DirecTivo. Got a couple of questions about things I could do on the DirecTivo that I can't figure out on the HR20.

1. How do you delete a scheduled recording from the To Do List?

2. For a manual recording how do you set the option to keep only 1 episode?

2. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    1) Select the episode and choose "Record once" from the menu on the left. Cancel it there. You might be able to do the double dash thing but I've never tried it in the To Do list.

2) Assuming this is a series link should be the same as with any other series link by selecting it, choose "Record Series" and modify what you need (I don't have any manual series links so I can't say for sure).

3. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    From the Todo, an episode list, or even the guide, pressing the stop button on a highlighted episode will delete a scheduled recording for that episode.

Alas, manual recordings currently do not have an option for retension. I hope that returns someday.

Cheers,
    Tom

4. chef8181

chef8181 AllStar

Jan 25, 2007
    Bummer on the manual recording not having an option. Can I assume the manual recordings use the default of keeping 5 shows?

5. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Keep all. They are only purged when disk is full and they are the oldest recording eligible for deletion.

Cheers,
    Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.