1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Showcases Download Ties Up Both Tuners

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by aramus8, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aramus8

aramus8 Godfather

Nov 20, 2006
    When I went to do a signal test this morning, I received a message that it would interrupt a download from 1010 (showcase). When I used the "yes, interrupt" prompt, the box went into the signal test mode, but when I left the test mode and tried to tune a channel, I got another prompt that both tuners were busy and to choose a tuner to tune the channel. When I try to acknowledge the "tune channel" prompt the screen goes black and then goes into the same prompt again. The only way out of this loop is to do a reset. This is the third time in a month, but I didn't figure out until today it was because it was downloading a showcase item. I didn't have anything set to record at the times this has happened. I am running 18a and yeah I think I have to check the signals everyday. Has anyone else had this issue?

2. byrdpack

byrdpack AllStar

Jan 17, 2007
    yes, I has the exact same issue and had to do a menu reset.

3. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Showcases should not interfere with changing channels.

There is a bug in the signal testing though.

What were you seeing on LIVE TV when you turned on the unit, before going to signal test?

What particular HR20 do you have... and what software version is on your system.

4. oakwcj

oakwcj Lower Echelon

Sep 28, 2006
    Glad to see this confirmed. I've had this happen at least three times on my HR20-700. I'm running the latest CE, but it has happened over the past few weeks with earlier ones. I was on a different channel in live TV each time.

5. aramus8

aramus8 Godfather

Nov 20, 2006
    It appears that when you tell the box to interrupt the 1010 download for the signal test, the download isn't actually canceled and when the box is taken out of signal test it then ties up both tuners trying to get it. You can still receive on the OTA tuners only. The funny thing about the interrupt prompt this morning was that it showed 1010 Cleveland vs a team I don't recall at the moment. I don't have the NFL package. Would they be pushing a whole game or is that some kind of promo? I do have three showcases downloaded and they all say from "1010". This happened this morning from HBOHD and the previous time I was on OTA channel 5-1. I believe I was on a SD satellite channel the first time. Every time this has happened I received the action will interrupt recording a 1010 program first. It just took me three times to figure out that was probably part of the problem. Haven't had to do a reset in months until this issue came up.

6. michael-reilly

michael-reilly Duplicate User (Account Closed)

Mar 18, 2007
    What is a showcase? I know TiVo had this but I thought the HR20 got away from that. Is it something different then TiVo has?

7. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Same thing as the Tivo Showcases.

Cheers,
    Tom

8. Keeska

Keeska Legend

Feb 10, 2007
    Where does one find it? I've do not recall seeing anything like this on my HR20.

9. Slip Jigs

Slip Jigs DBSTalk Club Member

Oct 20, 2006
    I just found the showcase tab, and deleted what was in there as it didn't interest me. But I was wondering - were these recordings taking up my hard drive space?

10. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    Yes it was taking up hard drive space but it is space that you cannot use anyway. DirecTV reserves 100gb of the hard drive. So you really only have 200gb to use yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.