1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Showdown in Tulsa and Oklahoma City over CBS/The CW?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by phrelin, Jan 12, 2011.

1. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    According to The Morning Bridge:
    Some of you from the area may have seen the Tulsa World story headlined Fee fight could kill Dish's access to CBS, CW in Oklahoma.

2. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    No!!! Not CW! Where will people watch shows the major networks no longer want anything to do with? :lol:

3. dettxw

dettxw MRVing

Nov 21, 2007
    Choctaw, OK
    I've seen the crawl notice on KWTV. Hope it works out for the DISH folks as it did with KOCO/Hearst and DirecTV last month.

4. TulsaOK

TulsaOK DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 23, 2004
    Most Tulsa folks should be able to pick up CBS OTA.

5. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Heck, 1/3 of Arkansas can pick up Tulsa OTA :)

6. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    I cant say much. Im with DirecTV and have locals but they dont carry my markets CBS or FOX stations. Thank god for DNS feeds!

7. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Not to mention the Joplin/Pittsburg market dont have a CW affiliate.

8. dembinskij

dembinskij Cool Member

Jan 15, 2011
    I use to live in the Joplin,MO/Pittsburg,KS DMA. I know they don't have a local CW but don't they get CW from New York still? I don't see very many local things on the CW anyways (Just the news at 9PM). Where I moved to is a county that boarders the Joplin,MO/Pittsburg,KS DMA. In fact some local cable companies have locals from there and Tulsa. I wish there was some way viewers could pick the set of locals they want in case something like this happens. I think if locals knew you could bolt for a neigboring local station that provides the same programming they would not be so greedy!!!!

9. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    I agree! They just have two shows per night don't they. They should have kept The WB.

10. paja

paja Godfather

Oct 22, 2006
  11. dettxw

dettxw MRVing

Nov 21, 2007
    Choctaw, OK
    KWTV/Griffin Communications now has a crawl going that they and DISH have come to an agreement.