1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Shows can't be moved from Hopper to EHD

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by djlong, Aug 15, 2012.

1. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Ok, this is really odd.

I have 42 "episodes" of Olympic coverage that I want to put on my 2TB EHD (my internal drive is 91% full).

When I'm in "My recordings", I see the London 2012 thumbnail just fine. I can see the list of shows and play them.

When I go through the menus to move them, everything appears in the list of 'folders' *except* the Olympics!

Has anyone else had this peculiar behavior? (Or, since it's about London, 'behaviour'?)

2. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Are these from PTAT, I believe you have to save them to your dvr recordings and wait until they are deleted from PTAT before you can move them to the EHD. If they aren't PTAT, I'm not sure what it could be.

3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    Sounds as unnecessary requirement - did you try copy before the moment ?

4. patmurphey

patmurphey Godfather

Dec 21, 2006
    garys is right. PTAT saved recordings are not available to move until the 8 days goes by and they become an actual part of "My Recordings" regardless of the icons you see. If you want them sooner they would have to be created as a regular timer AND unskipped to have them created outside of PTAT. The Hopper defaults to the PTAT recording unless you unskip that regular timer.

Just the way it works.

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    OK, let me dig into this ...

6. Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy Hall Of Fame

Apr 8, 2009
    :confused:

7. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Ok, the Olympics were a combination of PTAT recordings and other timers to catch the stuff on MSNBC and NBCSports.

I'm guessing this means I won't be able to move the recordings until next Monday or so since the Closing Ceremonies (Sunday night) were the last things recorded.

That's one complaint I have - I can only move a whole folder of shows - I can't select which ones I want to copy like I could on my 621. That way, if I had 10 episodes of one show and watched 5 I could 'archive' those 5 and leave the other 5 on the internal drive.

It's a minor complaint at the moment - not a dealbreaker but I *would* put that on my '
    wishlist' for future features.

8. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    DVR listing > green button > No Folders
    You can then select individual episodes to move to the EHD.

9. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    1) I did the "No folders" thing and got only a few dozen of my 350+ recordings listed.

2) Yesterday I tested the earlier proposed theory - that PTAT episodes were keeping me from seeing the Olympics on the list to be moved now that it was more than 8 days out. Sure enough, the Olympics were on the list and I went from 93% full to 59% full after a long period of migration.