1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shows coming in HD?

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by mdewitt, Jun 20, 2009.

1. mdewitt

mdewitt AllStar

Sep 20, 2006
    Does anyone know if there is a list that shows the dates when specific shows will begin broadcasting in HD in the future?

2. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Not sure what you are asking? Do you have specific shows in mind?

3. mdewitt

mdewitt AllStar

Sep 20, 2006
    The Biggest Loser in specific, but primetime shows in general.

4. mdewitt

mdewitt AllStar

Sep 20, 2006
    I guess 16x9 is what I'm asking since some channels condider a high-res thumbnail to be HD :p

5. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    I doubt anyone has made a list, but sources like IMDB.com and Wikipedia often have information about when a show might transition to HD and/or 16x9.

6. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    The only prime time shows on the networks that may not have converted yet are so called "reality shows" and some (or portions of) the news shows. Everything else in prime time on the networks is in HD.

Survivor just went HD. The issue is cost for remote HD equipment. The purpose of the reality shows is to supply the network with an extremely cheap hour of prime time programming... so it is a cost issue. Eventually they will all be in HD.

7. bicker1

bicker1 Hall Of Fame

Oct 21, 2007
  8. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    My suggestion is to create your own guide at TitanTV.com - choose your provider, customize your lineup, and then filter by HD. It will then only show HD programming and you can easily filter out non-HD items.

FutonCritic.com also has on their front page each day a list of new programming in primetime, but it doesn't indicate whether it's HD or not, but you'd at least have something to check against TitanTV or your own provider's grid guide.