1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shows set to record say "none scheduled" today??

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Soulweeper, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 9, 2007 #1 of 11
    Soulweeper

Soulweeper Icon

Jan 9, 2005
    Our constant 771 message seems to be over with our second brand new HR21, but an odd thing happened........my wife set 2 shows to record via the search function,and set it to record the entire series, and first run. Today, checked the to do list, and nothing was on it, but both of the shows were on the prioritizer list, and said none scheduled. Could it possibly be that there aren't a lot of first run shows right now due to the strike, and it figures that out, or another problem? I reset them tonight, and a few minutes ago they were on the to do list with scheduled dates and times. The shows are Moonlight, and Samanta Who, for whatever it's worth. Thanks!

2. Dec 9, 2007 #2 of 11
    veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    I'd say it's more the holiday "reruns".
    Last season there was a big gap around this time until Jan.

3. Dec 9, 2007 #3 of 11
    DonCorleone

DonCorleone Icon

Jan 28, 2006
    Yeah, keep in mind it only looks out 2 weeks and with the Holidays and the Writer's Strike, "none" is going to be a common theme. I've been recording a lot of movies in preparation.

4. Dec 9, 2007 #4 of 11
    bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    Most shows gave up showing first runs a couple weeks ago. This is actually normal for the holidays. They will be back in January. However many of them won't be back at all due to the writers strike.

If you're wondering if your shows are actually on or showing then a quick look at the guide that night or on the network's web site will let you know if they are reruns. I know for a fact that CBS Friday nights have been specials the past couple weeks.

5. Dec 9, 2007 #5 of 11
    tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Samantha Who has a first run on Monday.

6. Dec 9, 2007 #6 of 11
    Soulweeper

Soulweeper Icon

Jan 9, 2005
    Yeah, the funny part is I went in and reset the same shows in the exact same manner, and they were right there on the to do list. Maybe it will be different when I turn the set on today.

7. Dec 9, 2007 #7 of 11
    mark4mich

mark4mich Cool Member

Sep 28, 2007
    On my HR21 I have shows scheduled to record and my to do list says none. I have 2 other HR21's and they both list the shows to record on the to do list. What is my problem and what can I do to correct it?

8. Dec 9, 2007 #8 of 11
    Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I don't know about you folks but my to-do list is down to 22 items on one HR20 and 16 on the other. The reruns are coming, and they're coming fast.

9. MartyS

MartyS New Member

Dec 29, 2006
    I've resorted to building a library of recorded movies that my wife and I haven't seen, just to ride out the writers strike...

And, my "summer viewing" habit might kick in early, where I start to watch reruns of shows that I didn't get a chance to watch during the regular season.

This morning on the news they said that the writers strike may affect the rest of the season and the start of next season. The networks are pushing out a bunch of reality shows where they don't need the writers... I mean... "Battle of the choirs"... they're starting to stretch.

10. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Two words:

Net Flix

11. robnalex

robnalex Cool Member

Oct 12, 2007
    I'm not going back to NetFlix 'till the format war is over and there are more HD movies available. (Off topic...I know, I know...sorry.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.