1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Showtime On Demand

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by tacob, Oct 5, 2008.

1. tacob

tacob Cool Member

Feb 3, 2006
    I must say that I was quite pleased that there is hd content to there on demand lineup, but why is there none on starz or tmc? is it the channels themselves or directv?

2. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Usually the channels. DirecTV has plenty of HD on demand, so it is not their limitation. There may be a limitation in the linkage from source to DirecTV but not within DirecTV itself.

3. tacob

tacob Cool Member

Feb 3, 2006
    yea I'm very impressed with there lineup, it almost triples twc offering that i had previous to dtv, I wonder if starz actually offers any of there movies on demand

4. Rhoq

Rhoq Legend

Apr 27, 2006
    Considering the relationship between DirecTV and Liberty Media, I'm shocked and disappointed that Starz doesn't offer any HD content via DOD.

5. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    I've been puzzled by that as well.

6. Littledude

Littledude Legend

Aug 28, 2006
    When you consider the number of HD channels and the amount of HD content available on demand, Showtime has set a very nice standard. They are making the other premiums (mainly HBO and Cinemax) look like a rip-off. Keep up the good work Showtime.

7. tacob

tacob Cool Member

Feb 3, 2006
    yes kudos to showtime, I will probably keep it after my promotion runs out, just becuase I would have access to hd content on there on demand

8. mreposter

mreposter Hall Of Fame

Jul 29, 2006
    What about Godzilla vs Megaguirus? Underdog? The Sasquatch Gang?
    Oh, wait, you wanted HD! :D

9. mojoe

mojoe Mentor

Mar 20, 2007
    I'm liking Showtime on Demandquite a bit too. I need to try to figure out whether to keep Starz or Showtime at the end of the promotion period