1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shut Off justification due at FCC 2/13/09

Discussion in 'Local Reception' started by lwilli201, Feb 12, 2009.

1. lwilli201

lwilli201 Hall Of Fame

Dec 22, 2006
    Missouri
  2. LCDSpazz

LCDSpazz AllStar

Dec 31, 2008
    Dear FCC-

You told us we had to do this switch for years and until very recently this was the date you said it needed to be done by. Is there some other reason you're looking for?

Ok Thx Bye.

3. SDizzle

SDizzle Hall Of Fame

Jan 1, 2007
    Roseville, CA
    UM...yeah, we have gone through the expense of now running analog and digital, and due to some of the procrastinating public you want us to obsorb additional cost for 4 more months?!? Especially in a time when many large companies are going BK...do you want to cause TV stations to go BK now?!?

4. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    "We are on our last Klystrom tube for our analog transmitter, and it isn't working well at all. We already had to cut our power to make it last until February 17th. To pay for that replacement that is only good for four months, we would have to lay off a station employee."

5. SDizzle

SDizzle Hall Of Fame

Jan 1, 2007
    Roseville, CA
    Where is a list of the 368 stations that WILL indeed shutoff analog on 2/17??

6. lwilli201

lwilli201 Hall Of Fame

Dec 22, 2006
    Missouri
  7. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    Dear Federal Gov't:

We have all known for decades that April 15th is the date we are supposed to pay our taxes, but since a few people won't be ready to pay their taxes on that date, can you please pass a law to delay the date we all have to pay our taxes?

Signed,
    My head was stuck in the sand and I didn't get the memo

8. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    I find it interesting how they are so up in arms and surprised that some stations want to go ahead. As long as one station in each market stays analo, people will be able to get their info if there is an emergency. In fact if some are analog and some digital it will be a better reinforcement to get people to switch, if that is indeed the motive here. I sure hope they do not try to pull a fast one and change this whole thing up.