1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Signal on few OTA dropped off.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by gio12, Aug 18, 2013.

1. gio12

gio12 Icon

Jul 31, 2006
    OTA has not moved. Now I am getting error 792. Could the am21 be going bad? I can swap out another one to tell if necessary.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

2. RAD

RAD DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    If this is on a Genie, try just pulling the USB cable out of the back of the Genie, wait 10 seconds or so and then plug it back in again. I've see where every now and then after a reboot the Genie thinks the AM21 has been removed, and removing/connecting the USB cable has corrected it for me.

3. gio12

gio12 Icon

Jul 31, 2006
    OTA has not moved. Now I am getting error 792. Could the am21 be going bad? I can swap out another one to tell if necessary. Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app
    checked upstairs, all signals are great.

4. gio12

gio12 Icon

Jul 31, 2006
    If this is on a Genie, try just pulling the USB cable out of the back of the Genie, wait 10 seconds or so and then plug it back in again. I've see where every now and then after a reboot the Genie thinks the AM21 has been removed, and removing/connecting the USB cable has corrected it for me.
    yes it is. Tired that.

5. gio12

gio12 Icon

Jul 31, 2006
    Again it's only 2 locals

6. gio12

gio12 Icon

Jul 31, 2006
    So no PPD says a tech has to come out, they won't ship a new one. Second CSR today. WTF!

7. coconut13

coconut13 Member

Apr 14, 2013
    Are the 2 channels in Directv's database or not? Maybe lost them because of the change with the latest software update removing scanning capabilities from the Genie.

8. gio12

gio12 Icon

Jul 31, 2006
    Ok, looks like I might have a bad splitter on the line. It's an ideal for, Home Depot. Any recommendations on a good OTA splitter?

9. gio12

gio12 Icon

Jul 31, 2006
    Are the 2 channels in Directv's database or not? Maybe lost them because of the change with the latest software update removing scanning capabilities from the Genie.

All good after the splitter was removed. Need to call directv to cancel the service call.