1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

signal strengths?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by erjs05, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erjs05

erjs05 Cool Member

Feb 20, 2007
    I seem to have to reset my receiver almost daily because of pixelation on most HD channels. My signal strength on 103b ranges from 79 to 86 most around 82. My signal strength on the rest of them is in the 90's to 100. Also on tunner 1 the 8is o yet on tuner 2 its 79? Should 103b have a better signal? Also how would you do this without affecting the other strenghts? I am a novice at this so hopefully this makes sense.

2. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    swap the sat cables going into the back of your HR20 and do a menu reboot, if the zero goes to the other tuner, then you have some form of cabling or connector issue, or possibly a failing LNB, but this is step one. If the zero stays on the same tuner, you might have a bad tuner on your HR20 requiring a replacement.

3. KurtV

KurtV Legend

Dec 21, 2006
    You should have better signal strengths than that on ALL sats.

Try ccarncross's suggestion, but with those signal strengths, even if you have a cabling or tuner problem, your dish probably needs to be re-aimed.

4. erjs05

erjs05 Cool Member

Feb 20, 2007
    I have a question about re-aming my dish. If my other signals are in the high 90s to 100 would re-aming hurt that? Also is it a different dish position for the 103b because my other signal strengths are the same they've always been? Thanks for any advice anyone might have.

5. jtn

jtn Banned User

Oct 18, 2007
    I had to peak it, since the technician did not charge the batteries to his meter. If your not getting a peak signal to your satisfaction, call DirecTV and have them come back out and do the job right, and make sure the tech uses the proper meter. You shouldn't have to do it yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.