1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Simple steps to get back MRV

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by RVD26, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RVD26

RVD26 Godfather

Oct 12, 2007
    Houston
    Okay, I know MRV is gone now and there are a million threads on here about it.
    However, the posts seem to be all over the place. Maybe my mind is just fried right now, who knows.
    Can someone please provide me with clear instructions on how to get it back.
    My understanding is that it will cost $3/month. Is that correct?
    Is there anyway to get around that?
    Seems like something that should come standard and not have a fee attached to it.

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I can't help you avoid the fee, it is what it is.

If you want to keep your existing network, try following these instructions.

If you want to upgrade to the fully-supported version of MRV, call 1-800-DIRECTV and schedule the Connected Home upgrade.

3. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    This procedure is for those folks who want to use their own Home Network and continue to enjoy Multi Room Viewing.
    • Call 1-800-531-5000
    • Give Your Phone # when prompted
    • At the main menu voice prompt say "Whole Home DVR Service"
    At this point you should be connected to an agent
    • Tell the agent that you have been participating in the 'Whole Home DVR Service beta' and you want to enable 'MRV-Capability' so that you can activate 'Whole Home DVR Service' on your account
    • Ask the CSR to cancel (or do not enter) the Connected Home upgrade screen
    • Ask the CSR to enter 'Account Attributes' (under the same drop down as adding services) and choose 'Create New'. The only option here is 'MRV-Capability' and it should be set to 'u' (for unsupported) with mostly defaults. At this point, you have enabled the 'MRV' flag and you could (in theory) order from the web page. I saw it when viewing my account via the web.
    • Once this has been set, the CSR will have to exit your account information and then reenter your account information screen so that the information refreshes.
    • At this point, the CSR can now enable "Whole Home DVR Service"

4. jpitlick

jpitlick Icon

Apr 19, 2007
    FYI, I followed these instructions over e-mail and he only issue I has was I was not able to order MRV from the website. It took an additional e-mail to have a CSR enable it. I suppose YMMV. Maybe I didn't wait long enough after they added the 'u' flag to my account.

5. Mike Greer

Mike Greer Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2004
    Salt Lake...
    Ok - gotta say that I was worried but it was a piece of cake!

I called, said I wanted to add 'Whole-Home DVR Service' to my account. Told him that I tried to add it on-line but it said I had to call in. He said no problem.... Within about 4 minutes he had it added to my account. He told me it would add $3 a month to my bill and that I was set! No mention of DECA or installing anything or changing anything!

Piece of cake!

I think this was the shortest phone conversation with DirecTV I have ever had. Maybe they are figuring it out?

6. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.