1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simultaneous Timers Don't Fire

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by Skates, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Skates

Skates Icon

Apr 15, 2004
    This is something I haven't had in a long time...

I've had the same 8am Sunday morning timers for years; This Week on OTA station KABC and Meet the Press on KNBC. This morning, neither one fired. I only post it because this is the first time simultaneous timers have tried to fire under the latest s/w (my 921 was out of commission for a while due to a cabling problem). I have other simultaneous timers at 7pm this evening - I'll be interested to see what happens there, although neither is an OTA timer.

Confirmed that the 921 rebooted last night - it has actually been rebooting a lot more often than it used to.

Maybe it's just time to bite the bullet and move to a 622 after 4/01...I wasn't in any hurry to swap, but you just never know when the 921 is going to nail you.

2. David_Levin

David_Levin Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 22, 2002
    I'm seeing some timer wierdness too....

Red dot's are often not showing up in the guide. I can't directly attribute this to misfires, but sometimes I recreate the timer just to be sure.

Had problems with my busy Sunday night again... Let's see if I Can Remember

(Mountain Time)
    5:57-7:01 Cold Case (East Coast Feed)
    7:00-8:00 Sopranos
    8:00-8:57 Big Love
    8:00-9:01 L-Word
    8:57-10:02 Grey's Anatomy (OTA-HD)
    (note all times are "Hard" - no pads)

I started watching Big Love with the timer in progress.

When Grey's went to fire I got the warning that two recording were in progress - use "Main" to record.

There shouldn't have been a conflict. Perhaps since I started Big Love while in progress the 921 didn't think the timer would be available for Greys. I don't remember having a problem with this situation in the past.

I guess it's time to move some of my HBO/SHO timers to later in the week.

3. Zarom

Zarom Cool Member

Jun 4, 2005
    I've had the simultaneous timers fail to fire since the 274 software upgrade. They were on weekly timers that were working before the upgrade. After the 1st time, I deleted and added them back. It happened a 2nd time on Sunday.

DVR921: - Jan 12, 2005
    Boot 150B
    Flash F054
    SW L274HEED-N

4. mrb627

mrb627 Mentor

Jan 8, 2006
    I too have noticed the timer firing failure on Sunday evening. Things sure seem to be getting worse for the 921 client base.

5. Larry Caldwell

Larry Caldwell Godfather

Apr 4, 2005
    I had some timers quit working. Deleting and recreating them seemed to cure the problem. I say "seemed" because I have limited time to watch TV, and never watch all the shows I record. If a timer doesn't fire, I sometimes don't notice for a week or two.

6. KKlare

KKlare Godfather

Sep 24, 2004
    The 921 used to have a lot of problems (no recording) with timers starting at the same time. The cure back then was to start one a minute earlier but not depend on the offsets. Without the stagger you would often lose one. This can cause timer conflicts when you have abutting shows. I never saw a problem with same-time stops except if a show followed. This seems to be gone as a problem.

The red dot will not appear if you edit the stop time to be less than the show's end time like on some HDNet show that end early every showing. This makes for confusion looking at the guide but is correct in the timer list (Menu-7).

Ain't Sunday night a bear on timers. For me it is Sopranos, Desperate--West Wing, Grey's. Just wish they would not roll over beyond their time slot so I lose the previews. I had given up on Crossing Jordan as just too much. This week I got the OTA HD instead of the LIL SD, much better except out of disk space before I could see them.

-Ken