1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

single hd dvr home setup help

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by vandal_jade, Jan 9, 2012.

1. vandal_jade

vandal_jade New Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Well first of all I am a newbie to this site and pretty new to all the tech lingo but I am fairly good with anything technical or mechanical. Also not sure if this is the proper area to post this, but I though it would get seen by more here.

So I am trying to use just my one HD DVR receiver in the living room to provide the bedroom with an HD signal and the garage with a SD singal.

I first bought and tried an RF Link wireless tranmitter, but had problems getting it to transfer the DTV signal. I'll come back to this.

Would my best option be to run a split HMDI cable to the bed room, but then how do I set it up to be able to use the remote in the bedroom? Do you have to use a rf modulator to do this or something else?

Ok so now to the garage, I still have the RF link transmitter to use, should I keep it and try using it. When I connected it to the HD DVR I never got a signal in the bedroom, it only takes composite. I did hold EXIT to switch it to SD but that didn't work. I did test the RF Link with the DVD player and it was working.
    What is the problem with it not working?
    Also I will probably want to use a component to composite converter to get it to SD without changing it on the HDDVR..

Hope this all makes sense, let me know what you guys think..

Thanks