1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Sirius Channel Lineup change coming May 9

Discussion in 'Sirius XM General Discussion' started by Chris Blount, May 2, 2013.

1. May 2, 2013 #1 of 13
    Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    Sirius will be doing some changes to the channel lineup.

See here: http://www.siriusxm.com/channelupdate

2. May 2, 2013 #2 of 13
    James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    That is good news to go along with the shifts ...

I appreciate seeing enLighten move from 18 (the Limited Engagement channel) to a permanent slot. Channel 18 was not available with a la carte. (I don't listen to Southern Gospel often but it is nice to have the option.)

Thanks for posting.

3. May 3, 2013 #3 of 13
    sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork Icon

Aug 21, 2008
    I was hoping they'd add CBS Sports Radio and possibly NBC Sports radio but as of yet doesn't look to be in their plans.

1 person likes this.
  4. May 3, 2013 #4 of 13
    gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    Oooo!

A free line up change for us ala carters!

5. May 6, 2013 #5 of 13
    I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE CowboySooner

Oct 3, 2006
    Northern plains
    +1

6. I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE CowboySooner

Oct 3, 2006
    Northern plains
    Not only have they not added these channels, now they have REMOVED Fox Sports Radio.
    That's it. I'm out. :mad2:

7. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Clear Channel Sells SiriusXM Stake; Stations To Leave Service
    Last Updated on August 2, 2013 at 10:33 am

In its quarterly earnings release Clear Channel announced that it had sold its ownership stake in SiriusXM for $135.5 Million.

With the sale all but two of the Clear Channel programmed stations will depart the XM service on Wednesday, August 28. Departing are rebroadcasts of WLTW New York, WSIX Nashville, and WGCI Chicago as well as CC programmed Sixx Sense, Extreme Talk (home of Todd Schnitt, Artie Lange and WTKS Orlando programming), Talk Radio (carries Quinn & Rose, Rick & Bubba, Alex Jones), ReachMD, Talk Radio (Glenn Beck, Dave Ramsey, Randi Rhodes, Coast To Coast AM), and Fox Sports Radio.

http://radioinsight.com/blog/headlines/84485/clear-channel-sells-siriusxm-stake-stations-to-leave-service/

Clear Channel paid for their channel space on SiriusXM ... they have sold their space. It is a situation where Clear Channel has pulled their content - not SiriusXM dropping the channels. But that being said the channels are gone either way.

8. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    And considering who owns and distributes CBS and NBC Sports Radio, you likely won't see them on SiriusXM either.

9. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    757 & 718
    Not only have they not added these channels, now they have REMOVED Fox Sports Radio.
    That's it. I'm out. :mad2:

Yes i was also upset as these channels were removed :(

Sent from my SCH-I545 using DBSTalk mobile app

10. SamC

SamC Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2003
    I'm not so much upset that they removed these channels, although I liked a lot of show on them.

These have been replaced by .....

NOTHING.

The amount of talk content is simply less. For the same price.

11. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    757 & 718
    It was crazy i didnt get any email about the removal of the channels. And i couldn't listen to the Fox pre game show today... :(

12. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    They added a bunch of Spanish music channels. Just what I didn't want.

I'll happy accept less channels IF they bumped up the bitrate (audio quality)!!!!

13. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    757 & 718
    So I emailed fox. And they replied with .. u can listen via iheartradio app.

I sub to XM so I dont have to use my cell data plan smh.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using DBSTalk mobile app