1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sirius Radio- BBC World Service

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by HellasSat, May 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HellasSat

HellasSat Mentor

Oct 25, 2003
    Hi,

I am excited to see that the Sirius Channels are finally available on Dish. I was just wondering if there is any chance that Dish may add some of the radio stations available on Sirius? The one I would really like to see is BBC world service which would be a nice change from all the other news services- an alternative view point and albeit from the other side of the atlantic! Since BBC World TV is not available in the USA, couldn't they add this station as a substitute?

Thanks.

2. Ziaka

Ziaka Mentor

Mar 10, 2004
    Chicago
    I would like to see BBC World Service available as well.

3. rajeev28

rajeev28 Legend

Oct 16, 2003
    I think they are just providing Music Ch's at the moment

4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    There is always a chance, but at this point no plan. :(

JL

5. obrienaj

obrienaj Godfather

Apr 7, 2004
    FYI, the BBC WS feed on Sirius is not the real BBC World Service, it is an all news version of BBC World Service. Many repeats of Newshour and the like.

A couple of years ago on a Charlie Chat I got through on the night they had BBC America as a guest. I suggested to Charlie that they carry the BBC World Service but he seemed unable to understand what i was suggesting.

6. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    So do I.

7. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    BBC America is lame. I WANT TRUE NEWS! Not the usual local news: A dog climbed a fence & drank pool water. What a waste!!

8. wjarrett

wjarrett Guest

Uh, BBC America has BBC World News on everyday. Trying watching it before bashing it next time.

9. kevision

kevision Mentor

Mar 30, 2004
    Uh, it's on ONCE everyday. Not nearly often enough when michael jackson tops the hour of the domestic nets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.