1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SiriusXM free?

Discussion in 'Sirius XM General Discussion' started by boukengreen, May 10, 2017.

1. boukengreen

boukengreen Legend

Sep 22, 2009
    For some reason I'm getting all channels including sports channels in my van free not that I'm complain just curious if this has happened to anyone else? Been getting it free since Christmas and not as a gift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
  3. boukengreen

boukengreen Legend

Sep 22, 2009
    It. Would have to be during the Christmas preview because we haven't tried before that. Was just curious if this had happened to anybody else.

4. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Sometimes the signal to deactivate a device doesn't actually turn the device off. We had a radio that we deactivated, but it didn't get turned off. Two phone calls and two emails to SiriusXM still didnt fix it. So we had a radio working for 5 years before it was finally turned off. Enjoy it while you have it.

boukengreen likes this.
  5. boukengreen

boukengreen Legend

Sep 22, 2009
    Yep that's why I am not calling them at all until they kill it because we don't use it enough to justify paying for it.

6. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    I did contact them initially because I thought they might try and bill me for the extra time. But after I called twice and sent them two separate emails (which I still have copies of and their automatic replies 'thank you for contacting SiriusXM'), I stopped notifying them and continued to use it.

Little did I know it would remain working for almost 5 years (4 years 10 months). They deactivated the device right after a 'freebie' period. I think they send out a signal after those free periods to deactivate the devices that aren't supposed to be active.