1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

SiriusXM iPhone App

Discussion in 'Sirius XM General Discussion' started by Kevin F, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    I've been using the app for a few months now and have always have a few blips with it. But recently it's been far worse than usual. A lot of crackling noise is occurring and today I'm getting a lot of "data connection lost" or "problem with the stream" very annoying if you ask my. I'm also pretty sure my data connection is fine because I'm on wifi at home and haven't had any problems surfing the Internet on my iPhone or my MacBook. I don't think I'm the only one by the looks of the app reviews on the App Store. Anyone else around here in the same boat?

Kevin

2. sonofcool

sonofcool Legend

Dec 23, 2007
    I will try later today. Have you tried to listen to the feed from your MacBook?

3. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    I have used the MacBook and i have the same problems. However, on both devices along with an iPad, some days the stream is great. Other than the annoying inactivity timeout, but I can live with that. Other days it is pretty bad. So I guess its a big hit or miss.

Kevin

4. REDSKINSFAN47

REDSKINSFAN47 Legend

Sep 2, 2007
    Woodbine,MD
    mine works pretty good on iphone4s on 3g and wifi inactiveity time out is about once an hour and is aggravating as we pay royalty fees. it loses data once in awhile.when it offers updates i always wait because they seem to have issues at first.

5. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    Call and complain. You're paying for a service and NOT getting it. If they hem and haw about it - cancel and use Pandora or IHeartRadio or any of the other music streamers.

6. Sixto

Sixto DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 18, 2005
    The new version of the App is cool. Now can download shows and take offline. Very nice.

7. sonofcool

sonofcool Legend

Dec 23, 2007
    Thanks for the heads-up. This looks promising, I hope they add more content over time.

8. chevyguy559

chevyguy559 Fresno State Bulldog!

Sep 19, 2008
    Fresno, CA
    If the SXM App is acting up, you can also use the MusicDock app to access SiriusXM stations using your login info....works great and I've found there to be no delay between the internet feed and satellite feed like there is on the SXM app :)

9. raott

raott Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2005
    Agreed, the App is very well done.