1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SkiFi at Best Buy for $129.99!!!

Discussion in 'Sirius XM General Discussion' started by Chris Blount, Oct 13, 2002.

1. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    In the Best Buy ad this morning the SkyFi radio is on sale for $129.99 with no rebate required. Add to that the car or home kit with antenna for $69.99 and you have yourself a complete setup for $200.

2. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski Banned User

Mar 21, 2002
    Yup thats what I paid for it when I got mine on Thursday.

I like it MUCH MUCH better the my Sony Plug and Play Units!

3. Grivo

Grivo New Member

Oct 11, 2002
    Now if they (XM) would only offer a discount for multiple radios I would buy one in a heartbeat for the house. :(

4. Scott Greczkowski

Mar 21, 2002
    The problem they have in doing this is there is no way of them telling if a XM radio is in your car or someone elses.

If XM Radio does offer a discount in the future I am willing to bet that it will be an XM Lite package, where you can pick your 30 favorite channels for $5.99 a month.

Other then that I don't see a way they can do it.

5. SOCAL XMER

SOCAL XMER Cool Member

Oct 11, 2002
    Is the fan noise gone?:rolleyes: that is the only thing I dislike about the SONY unit.:nono:

6. Doug E

Doug E Legend

Jul 6, 2002
    There is no fan in the SKYFi receiver.

7. Doug E

Doug E Legend

Jul 6, 2002
    It is totally, 100% SILENT! It is really a great little unit.

8. Wyoming_Companion

Wyoming_Companion AllStar

Sep 16, 2002
    What if the second (or third) XM Subscription was on the same credit card. Certainly a few people would try to cheat, but they would make their core subscribers happy.

(Couldn't a second DISH TV receiver be "relocated" to a neighbor who didn't want to order PPVs so didn't use the phone line...and therefore cheat?)

Just wondering since I'd like to get a SkyFi to avoid moving the Sony Plug 'n Play back and forth from the car to the house (it DOES belong in my wife's car, after all!!!). That would mean three subscriptions.

9. Dec 8, 2002 #9 of 13
    Marke

Marke Guest

10. BuggyBoyWA

BuggyBoyWA Cool Member

May 15, 2002
    There is a better offer than that for the SkyFi, pretty much the same deal as what was with the Sony PnP just a few months ago.

Search around on ClubXM, you'll find it! :)

11. Scott Greczkowski

Mar 21, 2002
    Yeah $99 with the base unit and the radio, its a good deal.

It should be noted that this is the second time XM has run this type of promotion, its a way for them to quickly boost the number of active subscriptions before the end of the quarter (this way they meet their subscriber goals to Wall Street)

If you are interested in this offer email iband@hunton.com and he will give you all the details. :D

12. John Corn

John Corn Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Thanks Scott, BuggyBoy.

Thats how I got mine, Ian sent me the info and it saved me $100.00

13. BuggyBoyWA

BuggyBoyWA Cool Member

May 15, 2002