1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Skip forward button on 722k only 5 seconds?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Borgie, May 29, 2012.

1. Borgie

Borgie AllStar

Dec 30, 2006
    Yesterday I sat down to watch My Sunday shows I missed while out of town. The skip forward button only goes 5 seconds ahead instead of the 30 it used to. Was there an update that did this?

Is this part of the lawsuit they are in now about the auto-skip? I looked at that thread and didn't see anything.

2. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Not an update and may be a glitch, have you tried to reboot the receiver?

3. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    It's a glitch... but it could be recording-specific. Check to see if it behaves this way all the time or only on recordings from a certain channel OR a specific recording.

4. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    Try unplugging the receiver from the electrical outlet for 10 seconds to reboot the receiver. Use the feature after it completes the reboot process to see if it is resolved. Please let me know if it continues. Thanks.

5. windskisong

windskisong New Member

Aug 2, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    It continues. Also, now the skip backwards has the erratic behavior described in other posts, and sometimes skip forward suddenly decides to jump to the end of the show.

6. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Hard drive may be going south.