1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

skip to tick?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by flapbreaker, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flapbreaker

flapbreaker Mentor

Oct 21, 2007
    I've seen this referenced several times in posts but am ignorant to what this is? I usually use the skip button which I assume is for about 30seconds worth of material. Is this skip to tick?

2. jgriffin7

jgriffin7 Native Texan

Feb 16, 2007
    No. Holding down the FF key will (eventually) skip to the next tick. I'm assuming holding down RW would do the reverse.

3. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Yes. It's worth noting that if you have a non-DIRECTV remote, you have to hold for 3 seconds then tap again.

Not one of my favorite features of this DVR.

4. grins

grins Mentor

Nov 17, 2005
    And _that_, ladies and gentlemen, is how one politely says "It SUCKS!" :D

5. reggie

reggie Legend

Jul 8, 2007
    Haven't had a problem with the way most features were implemented, but skip-to-tick gets my vote for worst implementation.

6. gcisko

gcisko I am Iron Man!

Sep 27, 2006
    I think it is OK. Plus it actually works.

7. pnyberg

pnyberg Mentor

Oct 31, 2007
    I have a rm-2000 Sony Universal remote and have yet to make this work without grabbing the D* remote for my HR21. Even then it is not always successful.

Times like these I miss my D*Tivo.

HR21
    KV34XBR Sony TV
    Kenwood DD 5.1 HTB

8. gcisko

gcisko I am Iron Man!

Sep 27, 2006
    I have no idea about that remote or the HR21. But it always works as advertized on my Hr20-700 and logitech 880.

9. cartrivision

cartrivision Hall Of Fame

Jul 25, 2007
    While implementing the skip to tick function with the press-and-hold methodology needlessly makes it harder to use than if they had simply done it the way Tivo does it, at least it’s not like the really poor choice to use press-and-hold for the slow motion function, which makes it virtually impossible to switch to slow motion at a precise point in the playback.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.