1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skipping OTA timers I have set... help

Discussion in 'DISH™ OTA Support and Discussion Forum' started by Hey Now!, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Cool Member

Jan 15, 2007
    I have a VIP 622 receiver and haven't had any problems setting the DVR for OTA programs. Since the latest update (not sure exactly what it is called, when you bring up your DVR recordings and the visuals have changed with other options, probably in the last 4-7 days) I have had weekly OTA scheduled programs not record and before this update no problems. One was Amazing Race and the other was Hawaii Five-0. When I check my list of schedules it says completed or something like that but they are nowhere to be found on the DVR. Any suggestions for possible trouble shooting?

Many thanks as usual!

2. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    Uh oh. Sounds like the 922 bug is now in the 622 software. And if it's the same there's no fixing it. But in case it's not, have you tried a power cord reset yet?I've not checked out my 622s since they updated night before last but if they start missing recordings I'll be very upset. I have been using one of them to back up a few programs in case the 922 misses them. And it has. Be about my luck to miss a recording on both at the same time.

3. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Cool Member

Jan 15, 2007
    I'll try the power cord reset. By that I assume you mean to unplug it, then plug it back in. I will post results.

4. jadebox

jadebox Godfather

Dec 13, 2004
    I think I've seen a similar problem on my 622. OTA records are skipped "By Priority" even though nothing else is recording over-the-air at the time.

-- Roger

5. bnborg

bnborg Icon

Jun 3, 2005
    Yeah, I've seen it on my 722.

A reset might fix it, but I've had best luck with deleting the timer and recreating it.

6. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Cool Member

Jan 15, 2007
    Well.... I have found the source of the problem.... me. My antenna got unplugged. So if anyone else unplugs their antenna, you know what to do. Glad I could be of some help : )