1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

sky angel dbs is now off :(

Discussion in 'Sky Angel (Closed Forum)' started by quiverof8, Apr 1, 2008.

1. quiverof8

quiverof8 Legend

Apr 6, 2007
    3 abn is still up and running on 61.5 :)

Can't believe they didn't wait til 4/1 or even midnight 3/31

2. richiephx

richiephx Godfather

Jan 18, 2006
    So it is written.

3. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    3ABN is a DISH channel (public interest and apparently "free").

It was midnight in Florida just before your post. I expected 3am myself (for the West coast midnight).

4. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    EDT here. I was watching "Safe TV" until about 9 minutes past midnight on 4/1 when suddenly the switch was pulled and a slate popped up on all but 3ABN.

5. mrjosh

mrjosh Cool Member

Apr 22, 2007
    Yeah, I was kind of watching TVU when it shut-off. Apparently they are working a deal with Sky Angel to be the evening/overnight programming for KTV. I still don't know why we need Angel One and Angel Two...

6. music_beans

music_beans Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2003
    Can anyone provide a screencap of the slate that is on all the Sky Angel channels? Or at least what it says?

7. TheGrove

TheGrove AllStar

Jan 9, 2007
    Just a friendly reminder that 3ABN is still on because they signed an agreement with Dish after the transponder failure that kicked them off of SkyAngel's feed.