1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sky angel missing

Discussion in 'Sky Angel (Closed Forum)' started by sansha, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sansha

sansha AllStar

Apr 27, 2007
    I purchased the sky angel lifetime sub years ago, and the notation that I had sky angel was on my dish network bill (no charge, just the subscription) and the channels were on my guide. Then I lost 61.5 due to trees, and wasn't really paying attention to sky angel, either on the bill or on the guide. I got 61.5 again for HD, and noticed I didn't have sky angel channels, not on the guide and not on the bill.

I had received a letter from sky angel asking me for an authorization to charge me 4.99 for the secular channels, and I declined the 4.99 since I get those channels already with my top 250. I did tell them to keep my lifetime sub active, and gave them one set of receiver numbers to keep my subscription active when I returned the letter. So I was surprised not to find it on my receiver, once 61.5 came back in.

I did call sky angel and they took my receiver information again, plus the new HD receiver, and told me that in 24 hours or less I would see the channels reappear. Haven't seen them yet. I noticed on the forum in another area it says it might take 3-4 business days for a subcription to be activated.

Why would I need to go through these extra hoops, particularly since I'm a lifetime subber, and I did return the letter?

What has changed between dish and sky angel that the notation that I'm a lifetime subber is no longer on my dish bill?

Pat

2. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    Did you call E*? Since your lifetime subscription is already noted on your E* bill it's E* responsibility to turn it back on.

BTW: I have had many receiver replacements over the years and Sky Angel has appeared on every one as soon as the new receivers were activated.

3. sansha

sansha AllStar

Apr 27, 2007
    I did call them first. They told me to call sky angel. Sky angel didn't dispute I was a lifetime subber, and it is probably my fault for not noticing when sky angel disappeared from my dish network statement. Since I was never being charged for it, it was just a notation on there, so I just didn't notice. I don't know why Dish can't turn it back on. It seems they are having Sky Angel authorize all receivers now. At least Sky angel took down all my receiver information, even though I had already given some of it when I sent back the letter.

4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    They should send a rehit and you will be back in business.

5. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    If you read the letter they sent, the required ALLLLLLLLLLL lifetime subscribers to send in the letter with the info no matter what they chose. If you sent the letter in by the time allotted your service should not have been interrupted. If you didn't, then that might be the problem. A simple call to Dish for a rehit, or a call to sky angel for a reauthorization of the lifetime account.

See ya
    Tony

6. sansha

sansha AllStar

Apr 27, 2007
    As I said in my first post, I did send the letter back. Though I had said on my information in that letter that at present I didn't have the 61.5 sat coming in, I also gave them my receiver numbers and told them to keep my sub active, for when I got 61.5 again.

It turns out that sky angel was not on my dish record and was lost somewhere around October - November 2006 as near as Dish can tell. They don't know why. No word either about why, when I sent the letter back in March, Sky angel did see that it was added back on my dish record -- if those letters were reauthorizing their subscribers.

Supposedly Dish "hit" my receivers twice today with an update but Dish neglected to put Sky angel on my programming list, even after Sky angel called them with the update, so the hit didn't take.

To add to the confusion, Sky angel told me Dish told them one of the receivers I sent them was not mine. But the number *was* mine, and when I called Dish, they confirmed it was mine, and sky angel confirmed that was the number I gave them, so it sounds like there was some miscommunication on the number between sky angel and dish. Some one tranposing a digit or something.

All togehter it was very frustrating, but all three receivers do have the sky angel programming now, though it took a conference call between me, dish and sky angel and a lot of futzingn around with receivers before the CSR at dish realized that sky angel was not on my dish account still after all these calls. And all the turning off and turning on receivers and switch checking we'd been doing wouldn't do any good until she added it and dish hit me with a real authorization.

And as for sky angel, frankly, I did pay for a life time sub. Though I did mail that letter back in March, I also wasn't pleased that they were essentially telling their lifetime subscribers that we could have lost our subs for not mailing it back. There was no explanation at the time for why we had to collect all our receiver info and send it to them when Dish already had it. There's no reason why it should have disappeared from my dish record. So I wasted a lot of time today. But the problem is fixed.

7. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Glad to hear the problem was taken care of! Thanks for telling us the outcome of the story!

See ya
    Tony

8. mrjosh

mrjosh Cool Member

Apr 22, 2007
    And see, I can't seem to get them to shut my service off. I've called, stopped paying (over a year now) and now here we are well into May and my service is still active. Neither E* nor SkyAngel can explain why. Dominion doesn't appear on my E* bill anymore but I am still receiving all the channels...even the secular ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.