1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Angel to drop INSP - 9718 ?

Discussion in 'Sky Angel (Closed Forum)' started by jegrant, Jan 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 9, 2005 #1 of 24
    jegrant

jegrant Legend

Mar 24, 2002
    This just in - I have noticed that INSP, channel 9718 (aka Inspirational Network) is no longer listed at Sky Angel's video page:
    http://www.skyangel.com/Programming/Index.asp?IdS=001302-A18ED90&x=003|001&~=

In the past, when a programmer's logo and name were removed from a page at Sky Angel, said programmer left shortly after.

I wonder what they'll replace it with?
    I'd be interested to see JC-TV.

I wonder how many other Christian TV channels are out there? I know there are more radio networks, but there must only be a small handful of other Christian TV channels.

2. Jan 9, 2005 #2 of 24
    TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    This happened with Daystar and it's still on. I haven't heard anything official or semi-official yet.

Anyway, JC-TV is part of the TBN station group and they were not dealing with Dominion in the past. Maybe that changed, but I doubt it.

See ya
    Tony

3. Jan 9, 2005 #3 of 24
    rid0617

rid0617 AllStar

Dec 27, 2004
    I doubt JC-TV will show up. To be on Sky Angel you are required to promote sky angel. TBN is a competing network to Sky Angel so I don't see them advertising the competition. When Enlace was on sky angel TBN bought it and it become TBN Enlace no longer on sky angel.

4. Jan 9, 2005 #4 of 24
    Ray_Clum

Ray_Clum Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    JCTV is pretty cool. I've watched it over on Ku FTA... sweet!

5. drfreeman

drfreeman Mentor

Aug 14, 2004
    i heard goodlife tv is replacing insp 9718......

just kidding,it would be a nice fit....

6. jegrant

jegrant Legend

Mar 24, 2002
    I am aware that JCTV is part of the TBN family.

I doubt they'll ever put their channels on SA*, really. They actually suggest people buy an FTA system to receive a digital multiplex of TBN's networks.

7. mattb

mattb Legend

Apr 29, 2002
    I would LOVE JC-TV on Skyangel consdiering they forced E* to drop EE which carried it as filler.

Hopefully if they do drop INSP they dont replace it with something of lessor value.

8. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    I guess SuperChannel TBN is just a figment of my imagination. :)

9. TimL

TimL Legend

Apr 23, 2002
    SuperChannel TBN is WACX-TV 55 Leesburg/Orlando Florida. A TBN Affiliate rather than Owned and operated by TBN..Sky Angel deals with the affiliate of TBN in this case..

Tim Lones

10. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Yep. Makes it possible for them to promote Sky Angel and deliver TBN content. Surely with the consent of TBN. :)

11. mattb

mattb Legend

Apr 29, 2002
    Skyangel also used to have TBN ENLACE at one point. Skyangel used to also have a 24/7 Benny Hinn Channel :) I liked watching that one, I miss it.

12. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    I have received confirmation that INSP is leaving the Sky Angel line-up. I haven't been given a specific date. The message simply stated that after a 7 year association, INSP "found it necessary to discontinue the distribution of INSP on Sky Angel"

See ya
    Tony

13. JeffH

JeffH Mentor

Sep 22, 2004
    Actually I’m glad to see INSP leave, and I’m also looking forward to seeing Daystar go as well. Except for a few programs, what is the difference between many of these networks anyway?

I hope they leave this slot open until a new innovative and exclusive channel can be developed. Something that has never been seen on Christian television before, if this is possible.

TLN (Total Living Network) could be their option if the channel is replaced right away, but I have no ideal what they will do. I doubt that it will be another music channel though. What do you think of TLN?

JeffH

14. jegrant

jegrant Legend

Mar 24, 2002
    I wouldn't mind TLN - some of its programs are carried in one way or another by a channel or two on SA* now (at least, last time I reviewed schedules), but obviously not everything.

Looking at their schedule, though - http://www.tln.com/grids/011705_chi.html - TLN seems pretty duplicative, at least in the daytime (and, some use of the dreaded (since we already have it 24/7) Worship TV feed overnight).

15. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Interesting that TLN is tuning up another channel on their mux. Currently Color Bars. TLN has 4 other channels up there. They are doing something similar to Equity. They are creating feeds for their local stations so the local station does not need a bunch of equipment on-site. The feed for KEEN 17 in Las Vegas seems to be the best for my tastes.

16. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    The time frame for INSP's removal from the SA* line-up is "sometime in mid February." The channel will be replaced by another channel, but it hasn't been announced yet.

See ya
    Tony

17. JeffH

JeffH Mentor

Sep 22, 2004
    I just received the February issue of Sky Angel Guide in the mail today. On page 30 it states "INSP to leave Sky Angel February 16". Quote "Recently INSP found it necessary to discontinue the distribution of INSP on Sky Angel", the Guide also states that a new channel will be announced soon.

I wonder if INSP wants to break it's exclusive contract with Sky Angel so it can persue carriage on DirectTV? Time will tell.

I said it before, most of these networks (INSP, Daystar, WHT, TBN etc.) all look the same anyway. I am interested in what others think as well. What difference do you see, or what programs do these networks carry (exclusive to a network) that would incline you to watch them?

TLN at least carries Little House on the Prairie for those who want more family entertainment on Sky Angel. :)

JeffH

18. Wayne

Wayne AllStar

Jul 1, 2003
    I would like TLN as well. I think Sky Angel needs more family programming. Could Sky Angel start another in house channel that would show classic TV shows with moral lessons? I don't know the costs of getting this type of programming, but I think it would help get more subscribers.

I also agree that there are too many channels with the same TV preachers. I would hope Sky Angel could find networks that encourage teaching programs like Quick Study, Way of the Master, and Words Pictures.

I don't see another music video channel coming, but if one should I would like to receive JCTV since it's programming somewhere between TVU and Spirit.

19. JeffH

JeffH Mentor

Sep 22, 2004
    (Quotes from Wayne) I would like TLN as well. I think Sky Angel needs more family programming. Could Sky Angel start another in house channel that would show classic TV shows with moral lessons? I don't know the costs of getting this type of programming, but I think it would help get more subscribers.

Maybe some day that will happen. Sky Angel and Dish may have to work that out with their contract

I also agree that there are too many channels with the same TV preachers. I would hope Sky Angel could find networks that encourage teaching programs like Quick Study, Way of the Master, and Words Pictures.

amen

I don't see another music video channel coming, but if one should I would like to receive JCTV since it's programming somewhere between TVU and Spirit.

I don't see another music channel coming either. But who knows?

JeffH

20. satguy595

satguy595 Cool Member

Jan 13, 2005
    I guess it's OK that SA will be dropping INSP. The only thing that I don't like is how often channels change on SA. They need to be more consistant in their line up. I know that sometimes it's out of Sky Angel's control but it seems that channels move on and off of there quite often.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.