1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Angel

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Link, Feb 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Link

Link Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2004
    Can you get Sky Angel through your Dish Network equipment? I think its located at the 61.5 satellite but wasn't for sure.

2. TonyM

TonyM Banned User

Aug 14, 2003
    YEP

It is a separate subscription...but you can get it through your existing dish network receiver

3. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
  4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    To expound:
    A *COMPLETELY* separate subscription, you pay the Dominion (SkyAngel) directly. E* still handles the authorization of your receiver (and if you are a E* subscriber you'll get SkyAngel on all of your receivers).

You do need a 61.5º dish on your switch, or a direct run to your receiver if you don't care for E*'s content. If you don't subscribe to E* there is an additional receiver fee for each extra receiver.

BTW: SA does offer long term subscriptions. Nice if you are sure that you want to watch for a long time, or forever. I'd probably add SkyAngel before adding a movie package, but then that's me! (I do wish the cost was lower for the limited and non-expanding channel line up they have. Unless they change their deal with E*, they are stuck at the capacity 20 video and 16 audio channels.)

JL

5. Mike Phillips

Mike Phillips Mentor

May 14, 2002
    Good Christian programming and lots of oldies. I'm watching Mr.Ed at the moment and after that Green Acres.Thanks,Mike

6. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    I know that they had the programming for about $9 a month or a lifetime service for around $300, something like that.

7. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    SA is $12 a month, or $120 for a year. Lifetime subscriptions are only offered limited times through out the year form what I understand.

8. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
  9. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    I figured they would have increased the price by now. I remember them advertising "hurry and get the lifetime service while it lasts, limited time only, get it before it will no longer be available".

10. jegrant

jegrant Legend

Mar 24, 2002
    I'm fairly certain they will continue the lifetime offer probably until they have finished making the payments on their first satellite, at least. It may well go up in price, and/or be available less of the year, but I would be surprised if it went away before they had finished those payments.

11. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    The Lifetime offer is not currently available. It may return at some point, but that is not a certainty. Recent Lifetime offers were more expensive than previous ones.

I have recently passed the point where a Lifetime subscription would have saved me money, but the upfront cost was and would be too much for my budget.

12. mwgiii

mwgiii Gaming Guru and Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 19, 2002
    TVU (music video channel) reminds me of MTV of the 80's. The 10 Most Wanted show is excellent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.