1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Skyfall

Discussion in 'The Movies' started by dpeters11, Nov 11, 2012.

1. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Wondering what Bond fans thought of Skyfall. I thought it was one of the best in a long time, and very enjoyable. Loved the increased role of M.

Not really into the new Q however.

2. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    I saw it yesterday, it was great, loved it.

3. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    This was everything a Bond movie was and should be. WAY different at times.

And I was wondering what they meant when reviewers said the new villain was 'creepy'. I'm not going to give it away, but they were RIGHT....

I certainly felt like I got my money's worth.

4. pfp

pfp Whatever

Apr 28, 2009
    Liked the movie but for the most part it didn't feel like a Bond film to me.

5. Ira Lacher

Ira Lacher Icon

Apr 24, 2002
    While not all rebooting is evil -- Battlestar Galactica was far more enjoyable and critically acclaimed than its progenitor -- I regret the trend of "rebooting" iconic characters, just to pump some additional millions of dollars into a franchise.

6. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    In some ways, the Bond series was an early adopter of the reboot.

7. Ira Lacher

Ira Lacher Icon

Apr 24, 2002
    How do you mean? Yes, the screen writers took license with the novels -- all with Ian Fleming's approoval -- but the character remained the same, regardless of the actor who played him.