1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

SkyFi .vs. Mini-Tuner quality

Discussion in 'Sirius XM General Discussion' started by Tony Chick, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Tony Chick

Tony Chick Legend

Aug 24, 2006
    I currently have a Delphi SkyFi (the old Orange display model)/Home dock plugged into my receiver via the RCA jacks. I just switched to an Onkyo XM-ready receiver that has a direct input for a Mini-Tuner/Home Dock combo. Is it worth switching to the Mini-Tuner or is the quality not much different than with the SkyFi?

2. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    You millage may vary, but I did notice an increase in audio quality when I switched from my SkyFi 2, to using the XM Tuner in my Sony Home Theater Receiver in conjunction with the mini tuner. And you should defiantly notice improvement, comparing the original SkyFi to a SkyFi 2, most people, including myself have found the SkyFi 2 produces better audio quality, this is said to be because of better internal audio processing hardware. I say go for it. I love having XM integrated into my A/V receiver. The only downfall for me is I really miss the pause and rewind capabilities of the SkyFi 2.