1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

SL3 LNB

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by PtownBubba, Jun 27, 2013.

1. PtownBubba

PtownBubba New Member

Jun 5, 2013
    Illinois
    Is there a mechanical or electrical difference between these two LNB-s

SL3 pig-z and SL3 pig wnc.

Can you replace a pig-wnc with a pigz,,, without changing anything else ?

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I looked up those models on the web and from what I can tell they are the same. The -z and the wnc is probably the manufacturer just like the numbers after your receiver model is the manufacturer.

3. PtownBubba

PtownBubba New Member

Jun 5, 2013
    Illinois
    ok,, cool,, thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,, geez,,, there is also a SL3 pig-P,,, and then this model,,,, SL3K4NR0-02,,,,,,

If I understand all this correctly,,,, if you use a SWiM model LNB, it requires a power supply and splitter for multiple receivers, correct ?

4. PtownBubba

PtownBubba New Member

Jun 5, 2013
    Illinois
    Does the 'newer' technology with a SWM setup,,,,, offer better performance then a WNC / -Z / -P,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, or is it just handier for 'new' installs,, using less coax from dish ?

I have a 4 port LNB now, with 4 outputs/coax runs to three receivers. Short length of 4 coaxes,,,, to 4 port grounding block @ dish, then 4 runs inside, [one un-used / spare ] to 3 rec.

5. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    The newer receivers will only run on the SWM. H25, HR34, HR44, C31 & C41.

If you are not having a problem I would not change it.

6. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    -p perfect 10
    -z Zinwell
    -WNC WNC (garbage)

7. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    And I think "pig" refers to the inclusion of a "pigtail" jumper coax in the LNB kit?

8. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    And I think "pig" refers to the inclusion of a "pigtail" jumper coax in the LNB kit?

Yes, which is no longer included